When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Found perfect spring bars for Silix rubber strap and 45mm Ultimate PO

finisterre

You may remember the original U. PO bars that came with the S.S. bracelet were to fat to go through the Silix rubber strap.

And the Silix supplied spring bars were to long to fit the U. PO.

So, I tried some 22mm x 1.5 mm bars from AWATCHOBSESSION on Ebay - perfect fit!

Thought I report back in case anyone else was having the same problems as me.

All I need now are some replacement bars for the original S.S. bracelet. Anyone know if those are 1.6 or 1.8 mm diamter? I am guessing 1.8 - but it's hard to tell with just a plastic ruler.

I use the 1.8x22mm springbar I ordered from Jules Borel (thanks delta for telling me that site ). I have no problem to fit them in....just apply some wd-40 on the bar and it will go in much easy.

you're welcome re: jules borel. wd-40, huh? how easy are you talking?

i) just slip them in there no problem,

ii) still struggle quite a bit (needle nose pliers needed)

iii) somewhere in between?

thanks guys...

deltatahoe

pretty easy actually...the spring bar I received from JB is well made. I just push them in against my dinner table and still good...both the bar and table have no damage. :p

@delta....I can send 2 to you if you need it. Just PM me B)

pretty easy actually...the spring bar I received from JB is well made. I just push them in against my dinner table and still good...both the bar and table have no damage. :p

@delta....I can send 2 to you if you need it. Just PM me B)

this is good news. once i get the springbars i broke trying to get them in OUT of my rubber strap, i'll try this wd-40 method. no need to send any -- i got a package of 12 from jules borel too :)

thanks for the suggestions,

deltatahoe

yeah....the strap flexing away from the case is definitely b/c the springbars are too thin....this is why everyone is struggling to get thicker springbars in their straps.....

the guy at my local hardware store was able to get my broken springbars out of the strap this afternoon. afterwards, i tried the wd-40 method, and i finally got the 1.8mm springbars in the strap. it still took a little bit of work, but in the end the wd-40 helped immensely. once i got the springbars in the strap, i washed the strap with soap and water; i haven't noticed any wear/tear on the strap from using the wd-40....the strap still smells a little of the wd-40, but at least i have no issues any more with the strap flexing from the case :victory:

deltatahoe

• 1 month later...

So which are the better choice spring bars? The 1.8mm or the 1.5mm?

Also can somebody please supply a direct link of where to buy the correct spring bar? The ones Silix sent with my strap are cheap and bent very easily.

Edited by Keyhole

Thanks deltahoe..

Do I want the double [censored] type?

Also, the 1.8mm I found are 22 7/8" long. Are those the right ones? http://www.julesborel.com/horological/page51.htm

those are the one you want (double f l a n g e). they are 22mm -- the measurement is just shown in both in mm's (22mm) and inches (7/8").

deltatahoe

those are the one you want (double f l a n g e). they are 22mm -- the measurement is just shown in both in mm's (22mm) and inches (7/8").

deltatahoe

does jules borel ship to the UK? if not, does anyone know where i can get some of these spring bars from?

i just ordered a UPO orange from andrew, and the orange rubber strap, and box, from silix

cheers

I always use silicone grease to slide in a tight springbar into a rubber strap. It won't dry, so they come out just as easy later, and the silicone helps preserve the rubber. (I also give the bad a good coat of it, let it sit a while, then buff it off. Keeps it from drying out.

• 3 weeks later...