When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona... Take a look...

DarthSimon

LOL.... :p

the sub @6 looks like its a 24hr indicator ;)

and the endlinks seriously look like crap! either someone wore the hell out of them, or its a rep ;)

i cant comment on the dial since and all the other stuff since i'm clearly no expert!

Edited by slay

@slay: The sub 6 IS a chrono hour indicator. El Primero Daytonas have running seconds at 9'o'clock (instead of 6'o'clock). The endlinks are the older style non-SEL. Yes, they're not fitting perfectly to the lugs, is that what bothers you? I think that's kinda typical problem with the older type non-SEL bracelets. Good observation though.

But... I rest my case: this is a genuine (or a frankenwatch).

Edited by By-Tor

@slay: The sub 6 IS a chrono hour indicator. El Primero Daytonas have running seconds at 9'o'clock. The endlinks are the older style non-SEL. Yes, they're not fitting perfectly to the lugs. Is that what bothers you?

they look "worn out" or "cheap" as you might say! if you wear the watch a lot, those non-SEL (rep) endlinks will bent a little and form a gap between them and the case. i dont know if thats the case on gens too, but it is the case on cheap asian auto daytonas! if it is the same with gens that would be a real pitty!

regarding the sub @6 i know what it SHOULD be, but you cant tell from the picture if the watch really houses a zenith movement (which means a chrono movt) or just some daydayte asian auto crap movement! if it would house a asian daydate, the sub @6 would be a 24hour indicator (day/night) and i think the position of the hand of the subdial matches the time shown by the main hands for a 24hour indicator!

Edited by slay

Hi Darth-

Missed this one as I was stuck in Cleveland Airport for 7 hours yesterday. I vote gen though. Love the color of the gold on the TT and somehow no one ever gets the subdials or pusher detail quite as nice. Of course having Randy's vote first makes it easier. :lol: I actually prefer the seconds at nine. Put on a white dial and you end up with my favorite Daytona. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

WOW, some of you guys really crack me up. So much speculation that this watch is fake with all these nice reasons...

Fact is...Slay and others who think it's fake should get some education before spouting at the mouth...

Unless it is a frankenwatch as someone else said...

This is 100% genuine. The dial is correct, the end links are correct for an older model Zenith el-primero movt and the chrono pushers and crown guards are all correct too.

My vote is genuine and I should know...I used to own that exact gen watch (except with SELs).

However, any others who want to tell me why it's fake...i'm happy to read on and laugh!

:whistling:

WatchDoin....

I was just laughing reading your post... Very well said... I have known it was real since I posted it.... It's on my wrist... It's a Zenith mov... Links are also very tight.... Some of the responses really suprise me, and then again it doesn't... This is a replica board... I own gens and I own reps... But I love posting here... I love the crowd.....

It's real guys.... :Jumpy:

I know you probably have checked, but as I said in the other thread the only way to know if it is 100% gen and not a sweet franken is to open it up.

anyway, congrats! If the franken i'm building looks 80% as nice as that one I'll be a happy dude.