When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Aquatimer Cousteau Divers

lovepanerai

wow -- looks fantastic. your 12:00 markers look very well aligned, as do your day&date windows. thanks for posting pics...i've been waiting for this one for a while; i wanted to make sure the QC issues were sorted out before ordering, but yours looks spot on. :tu:

EDIT to add, your picture of the caseback actually looks believable. most of the other pics have looked a little off.

deltatahoe

wow -- looks fantastic. your 12:00 markers look very well aligned, as do your day&date windows. thanks for posting pics...i've been waiting for this one for a while; i wanted to make sure the QC issues were sorted out before ordering, but yours looks spot on. :tu:

EDIT to add, your picture of the caseback actually looks believable. most of the other pics have looked a little off.

deltatahoe

thanks - I consider myself very lucky and haven't found anything that is misaligned yet :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Is the IWC Logo missing from the buckle or is it just not visible from reflection?

Usil

The Logo is there - I just did a poor job with pics, quick and dirty shots :black_eye:

The watch looks great. It looks like there is dust or dirt under the crystal.

There is no dust under the crystal - I checked with a loupe, I probably need to clean my sensor/lens :g:

To all: I appreciate your compliments and warm words - so I think you have earned some lume shots :D

The last 2 are in comparison to my superlumed PAM196. The lume is not incredibly strong but it it is

still visible after almost an hour (in complete darkness)

249435-7953.jpg

249435-7954.jpg

249435-7955.jpg

Excellent lume shots. The lume on the markers and hands is good but on the inner bezel is weak. Nevertheless, I do not see need to relumed.

Now that lume quality is established. The last thing left to be checked is water resistant.

Nice lume shots. It would be interesting to see a macro shot of the inner bezel lume to see why it looks "textured". Not all that offensive, IMHO, just different. Might have to get me one of these.

here you go - the little discoloration is due to dirt on my cameras imaging sensor ;) I think the reason for the lume to look that way is that the layer of lume is very thin

249868-7840.jpg

249868-7841.jpg

here you go - the little discoloration is due to dirt on my cameras imaging sensor ;) I think the reason for the lume to look that way is that the layer of lume is very thin

Thanks. It almost looks like a very little person with very small hands and an itsy-bitsy, teeny-tiny brush dabbed some superlume over some regular lume. Or maybe it's just a thin layer. I almost kinda like the way it looks. :mellow: