When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can people recognise a rep?

BilboBaggins

:)

I new to the rep scene.... i'm 28 years old, and I have a collection of about 20 watches. All gen which includes IWC, Panerai, Zenith, and GP. I just recently purchased the Pam 29 and PO after I found this site.... so I'm quite nervous about the quality of these watches. My friends have all known me as a watch fanatic... so there is no way they'd think I'd ever wear a rep.... :D we'll see how these work out. If they turn out alright, I might pick up a few more.... but NEVER EVER EVER will I own a rep Rolex. I don't care how good it is, its still a "fake Rolex". It's so cliche'

I new to the rep scene.... i'm 28 years old, and I have a collection of about 20 watches. All gen which includes IWC, Panerai, Zenith, and GP. I just recently purchased the Pam 29 and PO after I found this site.... so I'm quite nervous about the quality of these watches. My friends have all known me as a watch fanatic... so there is no way they'd think I'd ever wear a rep.... :D we'll see how these work out. If they turn out alright, I might pick up a few more.... but NEVER EVER EVER will I own a rep Rolex. I don't care how good it is, its still a "fake Rolex". It's so cliche'

I sincerely respect your opinion.

However, to each his own, right?

Floris

I had on my submariner (asian, canal rep) and went to a girl at school a while back saying "I have a Rolex, wanna go out sometime?", it was a dare from a guy in my grade. I went to the movies with her, she said it was pretty original pick up line, I told her it was fake though (hey, I could only afford the movies!!), haha.....am I arrogant...maybe....but had one hell of a laugh out of it... :p

I should have used that line in the club I just came back home from! I was wearing the two tone silver serti dial sub I got from luckyyy.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hmmm....well you know what I'm gonna use as a pick up line??

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

By the way, the Rolex thing doesnt always work! So its your own responability, no guarantees and NO I will not pay any medical bills as result of your actions.

Dont forget, this was an 18 year old girl and a true lady at that :)

All the best,

Floris

Edited by Dutchy

Use Oooooooooooou instead... saying that always leaves me smiling, and girls would prefer to talk to someone smiling than scowling!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I just read that your getting a MBW Dutchy :) WOW you are going to flip when you see one. No one will call it out not even most AD's hehehe

Cracker

Man that would be amazing wouldnt it? INSANE! but truly great of you guys,

Thanks Cracker for your support in that!

P.S. will someone tell me how many threads on how many boards are related to me and this? This is CRAZY!

Floris

Guest Bjørk
Can people recognise a rep?

Can people recognise a gen?

If we are talking about the average citizen the answer is no on the first question (Q1="Can people recognise a rep?") and will assume any watch youre wearing to be genuine regarding your second question Carl (provided the watch is not ROLEX or PANERAI = very often assumed to be fake by the average Joe)

In my experience people are more likely to guess that it is fake than to actually spot the faults in your replica

BBB

If we are talking about the average citizen the answer is no on the first question (Q1="Can people recognise a rep?") and will assume any watch youre wearing to be genuine regarding your second question Carl (provided the watch is not ROLEX or PANERAI = very often assumed to be fake by the average Joe)

In my experience people are more likely to guess that it is fake than to actually spot the faults in your replica

BBB

Depends on where you are... almost everywhere people will have heard of Ralex... not everyone has heard of Panerai. A watch nut at work only heard about Panerai through the pictures I have on my screensaver.

Depends on where you are... almost everywhere people will have heard of Ralex... not everyone has heard of Panerai. A watch nut at work only heard about Panerai through the pictures I have on my screensaver.

At my university, everyone has obviously heard of Rolex, but another well-known name is Breitling. However, like above, Panerai is unknown. This means people will be suspicious of Rolex and Breitling, and more-often accept a Pan or Omega.