When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 45 PO from Ruby.

enrm6

Nice pictures! What movement is in the seamaster, is it the quartz or the auto version?

Nice Planet Ocean - have you noticed though that the hour marker on the 12 is crooked?

Don't you just hate it when people do that !! :wounded1:

why?? - this way he has a chance to send it back to Ruby in case he didn't notice

My comment was said with tongue in cheek !! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Nice pictures! What movement is in the seamaster, is it the quartz or the auto version?

I deliberately went with the quartz. Partly accuracy and partly robustness as it takes a lot of hammer. Not sure they are really justified reasons but the jeweller recommended it too.

Nice Planet Ocean - have you noticed though that the hour marker on the 12 is crooked?

Looking at the hotos it does look like it might be crooked but you can't see it in the real thing. In all the photos I have seen on the net at least one of the hour markers looks odd. I think it is partly optical illusion.

As for sending it back - you must be joking, it is mint. There are at least as many 'little issues' with a genuine watch.

• 1 month later...

I have the same series of PO. It's my favorite watch and I hardly ever take it off. The bad thing is that after you get used to the size and weight, most other watches feel like ladies models. I've had mine several months with no problems and I've only had to adjust the time once so I guess it's pretty darn accurate. The only flaw (other that the feet on the Omega logo) is that only about half of the tip of the second hand is painted, but it's barely noticed.

Edited by predfan2001

I have the same series of PO. It's my favorite watch and I hardly ever take it off. The bad thing is that after you get used to the size and weight, most other watches feel like ladies models. I've had mine several months with no problems and I've only had to adjust the time once so I guess it's pretty darn accurate. The only flaw (other that the feet on the Omega logo) is that only about half of the tip of the second hand is painted, but it's barely noticed.

That is so true. I put my Submariner next to the Planet Ocean, and it did indeed look like a lady's watch by comparison. I also went into the local AD and tried on the SMP 2554.50. It looked ridiculously small, so I think it's safe to say I won't be buying myself one of those (even if it's just as a non-wearer in the collection) The 42mm Planet Ocean doesn't look so bad, nor did my 2531.80 SMP (waiting for that to be returned before I can completely compare them) but, both those watches are larger than a Submariner... To use in 'int0rw3b' slogan: 45mm FTW :thumbsupsmileyanim: