When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix's New VC Ultimate Overseas

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been pretty good about responding to my e-mails. It usually takes a day, but he answers. The tracking number he gave me is now in the EMS System. The VCO should arrive in the US today or tomorrow and be here no later than Tuesday, if things go as they usually do. I can't wait!

He's always been very good about responding to my e-mails too, Jay is the number one in communication. :)

Mine is on the way with tracking number. :thumbsupsmileyanim: As is aways the case, show a little patience with a trusted dealer and you will be rewarded. ;)

I have no doubt about Jay reliability, i just wish he was a little quicker in his shipments. :)

Impatient is one thing but ignore customers's emails for days is another. I wanted the dealer to be upfront with me. Jay did not tell me

that the movement is on back order until a week later when i pm'ed him to ask for tracking number. If Jay is a trusted dealer then

he should have been more responsive to the customer (whethere this is his part time job or not, he is not doing this for free).

His profit margin is much better than Ruby but ruby's service is ten times better IMHO.

Impatient is one thing but ignore customers's emails for days is another. I wanted the Trader to be upfront with me. Jay did not tell me

that the movement is on back order until a week later when i pm'ed him to ask for tracking number. If Jay is a trusted Trader then

he should have been more responsive to the customer (whethere this is his part time job or not, he is not doing this for free).

His profit margin is much better than Ruby but ruby's service is ten times better IMHO.

It's been two weeks D. Two Weeks .. :whistling:

As for Ruby,.. I hope she turns out to be as good as she is starting,..

though time and volume will tell.

Many traders start off running full stride then run out of gas and lay down... like Sichaun for instance..

By the way do you know how much Ruby is charging ? No one has posted the answer to that question yet..

Mine is in US Customs as I type. Always a little scary. If all goes well, it could be delivered tomorrow (Saturday). The problem is I leave for a weekend trip at noon. Anyway, I should have it on my wrist early next week. I'll try to take some decent pictures. Gotta love the anticipation!

Here is status of mine:

Your item left SHANGHAI, CHINA PEOPLES REP on June 20, 2007. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Is that message from EMS or USPS? I think you and I ordered about the same time so you should have the same message as I do on USPS. Mine's at O'Hare in Customs.

I sort of feel like a little kid watching TV on Christmas Eve and getting reports as to where Santa Claus is. Pretty sick for a grown man.

Is that message from EMS or USPS? I think you and I ordered about the same time so you should have the same message as I do on USPS. Mine's at O'Hare in Customs.

I sort of feel like a little kid watching TV on Christmas Eve and getting reports as to where Santa Claus is. Pretty sick for a grown man.

That Message came from usps.com website

That Message came from usps.com website

My latest message from the USPS website @ 5:00 PM (EDT)

"Your item cleared United States Customs at 9:48 AM on June 22, 2007."

It should be here on Saturday by noon, when I head out of town for the weekend!

Good luck to you DVN.

Your item left SHANGHAI, CHINA PEOPLES REP by junk on June 1, 2007. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Your item arrived, more or less undamaged at JFK Int'l AIRPORT on June 17, 2007. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Your package was tossed, rather agressively, on June 18, 2007 by a disgruntled 3rd shift worker, at JFK Int'l AIRPORT onto a pile of similar packages at JFK Int'l AIRPORT where it will remain for some time . Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Staus: Fallen and can't get up

Your item tumbled from it's location on the pile, skidding several feet along the floor at JFK Int'l AIRPORT on June 19, 2007. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

You item was kicked in the general direction of, but not onto, the pile at JFK Int'l AIRPORT on June 20, 2007. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Your item was stepped on by Postal Worker #234456, who weighs 247 lbs. (112.03 kg.) at JFK Int'l AIRPORT on June 21, 2007. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Your item was tossed, rather agressively, by a disgruntled 3rd shift worker, at JFK Int'l AIRPORT onto a pile of similar packages at JFK Int'l AIRPORT on June 22, 2007 where it will remain for some time . Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Seriously, no tracking for me yet.

VCO ARRIVED TODAY! It is everythinhg I expected. Absolutely stunning piece-well worth the excruciating 3 week wait :=)

Thanks to Jay and Richard for a wonderful addition to my collection. Now I'm off to a Family Reunion where no one will notice it, but I will still be proud. Will try to post some pictures next week.

It's been two weeks D. Two Weeks .. :whistling:

As for Ruby,.. I hope she turns out to be as good as she is starting,..

though time and volume will tell.

Many traders start off running full stride then run out of gas and lay down... like Sichaun for instance..

By the way do you know how much Ruby is charging ? No one has posted the answer to that question yet..

Richard,

I did not want to post the price because I did not want to upset Jay's apple cart until the orders shipped. Ruby charged me $239 shipped EMS for the same watch. I believe at least one other person here got the same deal. Her communication and service were outstanding through the entire process. She told me there was a problem with the movement stock before anyone else was notified and wanted to issue a refund. I stuck it out and she even held the watch for a few days while I was traveling. A great price, product and service is what this is all about. Stories about the good old days really have no meaning is this market.

I really don't think it matters how long a dealer has been in business but more how they are performing today.

Glad you both got your watches. Congrats!!

@dvn: Your first pic's pretty blurry. Get a tripod. :p

Luckily your second one is great. Looks like your crystal has some great AR on it (unless it's just the flash) cause I can see the dial as clear as day. Looks good although I'm not expert.

I'm curious as to whether the numbers on the gen are polished like this rep or brushed like someone mentioned (chieftang?).

Well mine has arrived as well. Can't wait to see it on Monday as I am still out on vacation. :victory: I could get used to do this. Although I did run into the gen in 3 different stores which just made me lust all the more.

I am going to have some fun. I already have the original second generation in white with cross mod and Chieftang double AR as well as a spare black dial. I ordered the latest white one and a spare black dial and hands. Could lend itself to some fabulous mixing and matching (dials, crosses, logos, hands, ar crystals, etc.). This is one of my favorite gen watches.

And in spite of all the noise, big thanks to Jay who always kept me up to date and got me all the exact parts I wanted. Three weeks to get everything I asked for is more than reasonable. As far as I am concerned a fully trustworthy and deserving collector ;):thumbsupsmileyanim: Everyone enjoy their watches.

I've had my upgraded VCO from Silix since Saturday afternoon and my initial impressions are as positive as when I first unwrapped it.

My first impression was that I expected it to look larger. I have measured it now several times and it is 42mm but is looks smaller on my wrist, IMO. It is also thinner and appears sleeker that other sports watches I own, e.g. Yacht Master and Daytona.

My answers to a couple of questions that have been asked: 1) the numerals look shiny rather than brushed, but not too shiny; 2) the dial is also more shiny than mat, but again not too shiny.

The cross is spot on. The date window is large enough for my eyes, which is not always the case, e.g. PAM 187. The position and angle of the date also make it very legible. The boarder around the date window is nowhere near as obvious as it appears in oversize photos. To me it looks very much like pictures of the original's date window I have seen.

Other minor criticisms that have been mentioned are not important to me. I just don't see the "squatness" in the numerals. The hands on the black dial look just fine. The missing accent mark over the "e in Geneve" is not noticable to me without a loop.

The quality of the case, besel, back and bracelet is excellent. I tried to take a couple of links out, but my tools won't let me perform this task. My local watch repair guy will do this later today. The ends are polished and look great.

The AR and Lume on mine is very acceptable to me. I am sure modifications would make it even better, but at this point I am not convinced it is worth the cost. I am sure others will have theirs modified and will post reviews and pictures. I will make that decision later.

All in all I am very pleased with this excellent rep and appreciate Richard's telling us about it. I also have enjoyed all of the comments that have been posted about it over the past few weeks.

Jay's service and communication were very good and I will soon write a review on this transaction in the Dealer Review Section. One last thing. The watch was mailed from Shanghai on June 20. I received it in the US midwest at noon on June 23. I think that is unbelievable. We live in amazing times.