When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big pilot expert oppinions needed

FxrAndy

TTK just posted a Chopard XL with an Asian copy of the Valgranges Movement, does this mean that the Big pilot may now be on the cards, this movement should allow the date to be moved far enough out for the BP, it still wont have the PR of 7 days as the Valgranges only has 46 hrs but if they have copyed the A07.111 (standard movement) then the A07.161 with power reserve may be just behind, this also means that the chopard with the PR may be coming, but who cars lets have an attempt at the BIG PILOT.

Experts am i talking out of my [censored] here or is this now possible??????

sorry to steal your pic TTK

Edit, The Gen has a Stop function for the seconds hand, is this just hacking when the crown is pulled of is it a pilots tool ? there are no pushers?

post-1258-1179867829_thumb.jpg

I hope the bring the big pilot rep on market before next christmas... or i must spend $9.000 for this watch. It is my next watch.

last time want buy a genuine 092 arktos. But new upgraded Arktos save me $5.500 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

but a ultimative big pilot rep will be a dream :black_eye:

damn genuine is soooo expensive for a steel watch. But i must get it this year :angry:

Well, I'm lucky enough to have a gen BP and it is the dog's doo-das!

It is REAL big though - the attached pic beside beside an EL3717 doesn't do it justice. I'm wearing my Cousteau daily at the moment and the difference is clear - the Cousteau fits under a shirt cuff - the BP doesn't!

Anyway - the question -

Edit, The Gen has a Stop function for the seconds hand, is this just hacking when the crown is pulled of is it a pilots tool ? there are no pushers?

No stop function - just hacking function when crown pulled out.

Note the details however, which EL managed to show on his 3717 - second hand bent at the tip to reduce parallax error - also shown on the Cousteau - few people notice it!

Hilts :play_ball:

post-5410-1179933806_thumb.jpg

Well, I'm lucky enough to have a gen BP and it is the dog's doo-das!

It is REAL big though - the attached pic beside beside an EL3717 doesn't do it justice. I'm wearing my Cousteau daily at the moment and the difference is clear - the Cousteau fits under a shirt cuff - the BP doesn't!

Anyway - the question -

No stop function - just hacking function when crown pulled out.

Note the details however, which EL managed to show on his 3717 - second hand bent at the tip to reduce parallax error - also shown on the Cousteau - few people notice it!

Hilts :play_ball:

Great pair. I have the 3717 from EL and love it. If a decent BP was out there I'd pick it up quickly. I'm sleeping on the Cousteau until the prices fall a bit or buy one second hand. If the BP came out new from the same factories as the 3717 and the Cousteau I'd be all over regardless of the price hiccups. Especially if it is made with a reliable/servicable movement.