When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

how does one go about taking the sharp edges off rolex's bracelets

cableguy

my Sub's bracelet's edges are kinda sharp, id like to file them down but before i go an ruin a perfectly good rep i'd like to find out what the best way of doing so it. I also plan on modding the crown gaurds following the tutorial that is sticked above.....

I don't know if it the BEST way, but I took edges off a bracelet yesterday using a medium-fine file.

I tried using emory cloth on this one especially "edgy" bracelet and it didn't do the trick. A file used carefully got me closer to where I want to be.

Next step will be dremel buffing wheel.

Anybody have a tested scientific approach?

Scotch Brite-Pad is the best, safest and easiest way. It's also perfect to brush off scratches from bracelets and clasps (brushed steel bracelets, that is).

251436-7439.jpg

does scotchbrite take off the edges? i always thought it wouldnt be abrasive enough

Yes it will. It doesn't make any visible difference (which is important), but it'll make the edges softer and smoother. You need some patience though.

Another option:

Pen Erasers (the greyish one).

Erasable Pens that have that Greyish slightly gritty eraser work wonders as well... Smoothes up the edges of rough bracelets quickly and easily...

Scotchbrite is a great idea too...

Either way you go... test on a small area first to make certain your particular bracelet will look good after treatment.

Yes it will. It doesn't make any visible difference (which is important), but it'll make the edges softer and smoother. You need some patience though.

Can the scotchbright pad be used to remove the normal hairline scratches that develop as well? Just asking because I was going to give this a try, but you mentioned it doesnt make any "visable" difference.

Thanks guys