When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

why dont they make this

rkdk

well, it seems they made the case set. Ive seen a few reps, wich are supposed to pass as royal oaks. The chrono dials are all wrong though. they are set like the offshores.

251683-7358.jpg

Im just thinking make a new dial, whack in the running seconds at 6 daytona 7750, and bobs your unkle.

even the case back is fairly simple to do. Id definetly jump all over these. I think they are so classic and beautiful.

The case for the Classic Chrono is 40mm in diameter to the tallest point of the crown guard; 38mm without crown guard. I think the one you posted is listed at 42mm, though the subject of measurement can be interpreted in different manners depending on how it's measured (e.g. w/cg, w/o cg inc. crown, etc).

So... Who's to say? Perhaps it's a good basis for a 25860, but my thinking is it's too big (both diameter and profile/height)...

true, but at least they got the chrono pushers and the crown, sort of right. Im just thinking, it couldnt be too hard, since they got the roo case and the jumbo nearly perfect.

But then again, i have no clue if there is any demand what so ever for this watch.

Seems unlikely since its only the two of us posting about it, LOL :D

true, but at least they got the chrono pushers and the crown, sort of right. Im just thinking, it couldnt be too hard, since they got the roo case and the jumbo nearly perfect.

But then again, i have no clue if there is any demand what so ever for this watch.

Seems unlikely since its only the two of us posting about it, LOL :D

Lol, this topic has been covered lots of times over the past few years. But to be honest I never grow tired of it. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The existing reps of RO Chrono are truly junk though....they really need to start again from the ground up with the case. The problems with replicating the movement have already been documented, but I'm sure there's something they could do to get it close enough.

Guest lcdr2007

I've been wishing for an accurately sized AP ROO T3 with the 'titanium' bracelet but the only one I've seen was 48mm diam. The gen is 57mm big! Maybe thats just too big a watch for the boys from China to tackle or because the gen is so rare/expensive its not worth it for them to obtain a gen for repping without a large demand for reps of them besides me. Oh well, one can dream, can't he?

A good t3 rep would be fantastic, but its probably never gonna happen.

I think they would only do watches withing the standart royal oak offshore case set, since they spent so much time "perfecting" it.

That would be the allinghi and maybe the end of days.

But still. A normal royal oak chrono would be the [censored] for me :p:D

Well, the mod-7750 for the secs@6:00 Daytona carries the 12 hour and 30 min counters slightly above axis of the center on the dial (across 9:00 and 3:00). This means that those subdials sit closer towards 12:00 and make it aesthetically incorrect for this watch (along with the issue of subdial spacing between the three registers). Not to mention that the additional plate for the extra gears on the movement adds height to the profile and hance would make this watch too thick/chunky for a proper 25860; this is the same issue with the Daytona rep... Too thick of a case as a result of the mod-7750 movement...

The gen 25860 uses a cal 2385 which is an AP modified F. Piguet 1185.