When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Subs and this Movement?

Greystash

Hi guys,

I've been lurking here a while and my interest automatic movements has grown. :victory:

I have a question for those that are experienced with the various subs.

How many subs actually have a 2836 of this quality???

252198-7251.jpg

I believe it is this movement, that has been argued here (esp by The Zigmeister) to be actually, in some part manufactured in Switzerland; is this correct? I understand that this is a good movement?

The first rep I got my hands on was from good old gelena shitinerand, I died laughing when I read that inside the case back. :0)

Cheers :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Good movement, all advertised as ETA 2824 / 2836 have it. Doesnt matter where its made its an ETA movement.
Thanks for that watchman12345. Do I understand correctly, there is also a silver ETA-2836 out there of the

same quality? Or are you saying if the term ETA is used, when you remove the back you are going to see this gold movement?

From the searching I have done I get the impression it could be either, depending on your source. This is not a thread about which is better rather the frequency of both; in what model subs etc, based on what people have received.

Thanks for that watchman12345. Do I understand correctly, there is also a silver ETA-2836 out there of the

same quality?

Nickel plated ETA? Yup.

Make sure the dealer is advertising an ETA 2836 and not an "Asian ETA Copy" or similar.

Nickel plated ETA? Yup.

Make sure the dealer is advertising an ETA 2836 and not an "Asian ETA Copy" or similar.

Hey Pugwash, thanks for that.

So you just have to check carefully in each case (full pun ;0) because of the variation of the builds in the market. Ok I get it; it's not as easy as sub-X has this movement and sub-Y has....etc. The seller becomes a key factor. Thanks

According to the majority of the experts of this forum, the mvt you show in your picture (2836-2 or 2824-2) is bullet proof.

And yes, it is an ETA (wheter it's assembled in China doesn't really matter)

Having said that, when you get a watch, allways check the inside...

Cheers

Stephane