When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep or genuine?

elmo

Bought his for $10.00 at a flea market :whistling:

Gee, what should I do with it?

Yeah this happens from time to time.. My buddys dad found a 6238 on a leather band at a D.A.V something like 5 years ago. They wanted $150.00 he didnt have cash on him so he made his wife run to the bank to get the cash while he waited. Its his watch that got me interested in the rolex hobby.

From time time my wife and I would go to this richie nieghborhoods yard sale and I am always in the lookout for items like this. I know they are out there. Even if your find is a rep,,it is still a very good buy for us vintage lover. Open it up and see if it is a gen(which I suspect it is) and see if you can get it restored. This is supposed to the late 50s 6536,,,my only concern is it should only have the "SWISS" below the 6,,but who knows Rolex have so many types of dial.

Congrats on the find :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yea... I cannot be believed.

But, when I heard that a COMEX sold for over $100,000.00 I figure somebody here would make an offer figuring I just fell of the Watermelon Truck.

FYI, This watch gained fame in the 1964 James Bond movie Goldfinger.

Some say it worth $4K - $5K other say if I located the orginal receipt (Purchased in St admin in 1962) it could go over $10K because the dial and hands are untouched and GREAT conditon behind the well worn orginal crystal.

Because the watch has never been worked on... I am still trying to decide weather to rebuild or leave in it current condition.

Comments welcome

Guest Obeyan

But, when I heard that a COMEX sold for over $100,000.00 I figure somebody here would make an offer figuring I just fell of the Watermelon Truck.

Some say it worth $4K - $5K other say if I located the orginal receipt (Purchased in St admin in 1962) it could go over $10K because the dial and hands are untouched and GREAT conditon behind the well worn orginal crystal.

Because the watch has never been worked on... I am still trying to decide weather to rebuild or leave in it current condition.

Comments welcome

I'd still go as high as $20 bucks. :whistling: PM me- we'll work something out.

Comments welcome

Regardless of how much you paid for it Tickle me _____ :thumbsupsmileyanim: It be $10 or $10K, the fact that you have this piece is awesome. When I said "rebuild it" I meant, just make it run if not running. I would preserve as it is by not changing the look of it but only replacing wornout parts to make it run.

Can you post some more pics? Side, caseback and crown side shot maybe?

Regardless of how much you paid for it Tickle me _____ :thumbsupsmileyanim: It be $10 or $10K, the fact that you have this piece is awesome. When I said "rebuild it" I meant, just make it run if not running. I would preserve as it is by not changing the look of it but only replacing wornout parts to make it run.

Can you post some more pics? Side, caseback and crown side shot maybe?

I may get around to posting pictures soon and I promised some to Jay as well... who knows what that could lead to!!!

Anyway, I have other watches in the fix-up pipe line, but this 5508 gets attention soon, FYI, the watch runs!

This baby is true blue and the dial is Soooo NICE it needs a new crystal to show it off!

Thanks for interest.

Edited by elmo

Yes, I am a troll and this a fake I made in my basement

Not sure what you guys looking for... thought I pass along some info... but it appears that is a waste of time on some.

The watch the rare Genuine 5508 Gilt dial "swiss - T < 25".

I will be sure to scrap off the T <25 so it looks more correct

Outta here... :thumbdown:

Yes, I am a troll and this a fake I made in my basement

Not sure what you guys looking for... thought I pass along some info... but it appears that is a waste of time on some.

The watch the rare Genuine 5508 Gilt dial "swiss - T < 25".

I will be sure to scrap off the T <25 so it looks more correct

Outta here... :thumbdown:

How about few more pics? I believe somebody pointed out this one might have been seen elsewhere, perhaps lets remove this doubt first ha?