When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seamaster black (ETA 2824) from Paul....thoughts?

UglyStick

This is definitely my favorite Omega - http://www.wo-mart.com/product_info.php?cP...products_id=637 - and I'm considering purchasing it. It will be my first rep, actually. I've been doing a LOT of reading on this message board.

Can anyone recommend this particular rep from Paul? Anyone had experience with it? Any pictures to share?

Would anyone NOT recommend it for a particular reason? I'd like to hear all sides. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge. I'm still learning.

I think Silix may be doing a better deal on this model - $150 + shipping.

Personally I'd be happy with a less expensive Asian 21J version of the same watch too - not sure who might be selling these.

Cheers! :)

Just looked at the Silix version of this watch and it has a white date wheel. The gen has a black date wheel.

Fair play. The Asian version from Trusty has a black date wheel, it might be worth a quick look before pulling the trigger.

Either way - you're getting a great watch :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yeah, that was the other one I was considering. Definitely much easier to pull the trigger for $108 vs. $209, too.

Any other thoughts on the Trusty version of this particular rep? (http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_66&products_id=531&zenid=26d606e5d9d9156e2fcae9ae99f32bd8) Thanks!

Just looked at the Silix version of this watch and it has a white date wheel. The gen has a black date wheel.

Give silix a mail he can usually sort most things out, he is a very reliable collector!

I have been looking for this watch as well . . .the big issue for me is the hand length. Paul's hands (as is the case with most other dealer's versions) are too short. This is a common seamaster "sword" hand problem, but on a watch as simple and clean as the black smp - the short hands really stand out for me. Andrew's (Trusty) hands look very close to gen. - I'd go with that, but I'd contact Andrew first and confirm (or maybe even have him send you a photo of the one he will send you) that the long hand version is what you are getting. And, I agree with you on the 21j - I have some great 21j watches, and at $100 less that ETA you can afford to replace them when they die or if you must, just replace the inexpensive movement. Good luck.

Edited by Meridius

Not my favorite Omega. The numerals on the insert are a little too bold for my taste. My personal opinion is that you can't beat the classic Bond style SMP in appeal. Which ever watch you choose, I'd go with the ETA. Dependability and jumpy second hands have been issues with some of my asian movement watches.

I'd say the short hands and dial print on that wo-mart black smp is not good. I have seen one from River before with longer hands and good dial print. I do not know if River can still source it.

254952-6634.jpg

King has a decent version with a black date wheel. I suggest getting the ETA version...then u can swap gen dials and hands in the future. The gen dials and hands have awesome lume.

Great watch. I own two versions, both with black datewheel. Biggerst problem with all the models offered these days is with the placement of the HE valve, way too low compared to the gen. Nevertheless an extremely nice watch. About as comfortable a bracelet out there. Certainly an everyday beater. Buy it.