When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Flip lock clasp issues

P4GTR

The flip lock clasp on my fathers jos sub is missing a pin on one side. Jos replied to my initial email within 5 minutes saying he would send replacement.

Before I undertake this little project, my question is how easy will this be to repair? How does the pin remove and install, anyone?

258543-5977.jpg

I would think you would need the whole clasp assembly with the first link on the LH side and then you would just screw it together. You're not gonna be able to install the pin and put a machined head on the end of it like they do at the factory. I've heard of two part pins with a head on each end which screw together in the middle, but I don't think that's what these pins are.

I believe they use a riveted pin. The pin slides through the holes and is then flattened at both ends to form the head that keeps the parts together. I think most watchmakers & jewelers should have the tools to fix it.

x2 , any watchsmith can fix that in under 5 minutes just like mentioned above ..

Zed