When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rehaut Depth

rem922

Thanks, Ubi & 700, thats what I was thinking, it is just hard to tell from the pictures. I am selling my TW best to a co-worker and did not know if it would be better for him to get the newer version from EL or River.

Thanks again

a gen sub is 2.0 deep, a tw best is 2.1 and a cn sub is 1.8. and the case is too thin.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but having done a bit of delving into the whole

rehaut issue between TW's best and Chinese issue about a year ago, regarding the SD.

I believe The reasons behind the change in rehaut and over-all case depth is that a result

of TW's attempt to create a more genuine case without a way to match that size with the

movements that are available, resulted in a low sitting date wheel.

So the new versions are probably back to Chinese size standards, which though has

thinner rehaut, and casebacks, fit the movement and thus the date font sits dead center.

I don't know if this issue transferred over to the regular subs,.. but I just thought I would

post just in case someone would want to transfer over to the SD, if this issue has not been

ironed out for that piece.

Rehaut depth isn't the cause for a 'low sitting' date wheel. Rather, it's more likely to be an issue of alignment of the datewheel overlay.

Thanks Ubi,.. I know I must have this wrong, but I must find the information at the old site,..

There was an issue with the date wheel that somehow was related to the attempt at deeper

rehaut...

Hope I can find it,... if not then.. duh nevermind... :yucky:

Ahh,.. By-Tor,.. you are THE Man.. Thanks bro..

I knew I read it somewhere...

So I guess since TW went with the Chinese method,..I best go back to King for my SD,..as

they have had more time at this method.

All the best to you By-Tor.. :thumbsupsmileyanim: