When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The best $30.00 USD I ever spent?

polo147ax

So. I have been debating on buying a "nice" replica for over a year now not willing to pay out the coin just yet. Solution? Well I came across this one 28 days ago and heckled down to $30.00 USD. Thought it would give me a good opportunity to test the waters by wearing this one for a while checking out the compliments and deciding if I really liked the size of the PAMs.

What is the model this is supposed to best represent I cant find anything? What movement do I have?

OBVIOUS FLAWS:

TACHYMETRE on outside CHRONO readys TACHMETRE

Inside CHRONO some numbers are upside down

Luminor green is very faint in darkness

Crown is tiny

UPSIDES:

It hasn't lost a minute in over a month!

Date wheels work

*I've beat the heck out of this watch-no scratches on the glass or band thus far

Well ladies & gents your feedback on all aspects are grately appreciated. Pick this bad boy apart. Oh, compliments on my minimal investment are always welcome too.

post-372-1181602087_thumb.jpg

post-372-1181602108_thumb.jpg

post-372-1181602126_thumb.jpg

post-372-1181602134_thumb.jpg

Edited by polo147ax

$30 is $30 man... don't underestimate the small amount of money... keep 10 x $30 and get a nice watch instead of this kind of junk.

sorry if I'm offensive :) but that's my motto. I was getting low end watches and telling myself "no problem at least they are cheap"... but after all I got the idea that they are not only cheap but also junk :)

If you think 28 days for $30 is a good deal, all the power to you. You may get 3 more hours, 3 months or 3 years out of your rep. It will still be a really aweful rep. Bears no resemblence to any Panerai ever made.

If you like it great. In my eyes it belongs on the the top 10 list of worst reps every seen. Up there with the Panerai Urinor

262391-5165.jpg

No offense. Just my humble opinion.

ya, it's pretty awful. but at the same time, that's how i started ... a cheap canal st. rep for $40. i instantly fell in love with panerai and now have many nice reps as well as a genuine. have fun with it polo147ax and i'll bet you anything, you'll purchase a nice rep within six months. and when i say anything, i mean nothing. lol.

So. I have been debating on buying a "nice" replica for over a year now not willing to pay out the coin just yet. Solution? Well I came across this one 28 days ago and heckled down to $30.00 USD. Thought it would give me a good opportunity to test the waters by wearing this one for a while checking out the compliments and deciding if I really liked the size of the PAMs.

What is the model this is supposed to best represent I cant find anything? What movement do I have?

OBVIOUS FLAWS:

TACHYMETRE on outside CHRONO readys TACHMETRE

Inside CHRONO some numbers are upside down

Luminor green is very faint in darkness

Crown is tiny

UPSIDES:

It hasn't lost a minute in over a month!

Date wheels work

*I've beat the heck out of this watch-no scratches on the glass or band thus far

Well ladies & gents your feedback on all aspects are grately appreciated. Pick this bad boy apart. Oh, compliments on my minimal investment are always welcome too.

Since the Dealers are no longer listed on the board for reasons that i will not venture into ... try this site ... for a little more $ you can at least get a watch that .... well, let's just say that ... you ... i can't find the words to be unoffensive :black_eye: ... so just check out the site...perfectclones88.com ...PLEASE

Edited by lanikai

Its not a complete waste. Most people who will identify that your watch is a fake could also identify 90% of the watches that you see here as fakes. I will try not to focus on the negative and more on the positive. You could practice luming your dial, removing the case back, dissasembly and re-assembly, see if its the right size watch and style for you. IMHO reps are crap anyways and require a significant amount of money to bring them up to par. Your going to pay decent $$$ to buy one already modded that will fool some people at a glance. I think its a good price to pay for a learning curve before you move onto the next step. A lot of members here got scammed for hundreds and have a shitty rep to show for, so consider your self lucky that you have some insight and didnt spend $500 for the same type of POS watch. Just remember a rep is a rep, and if you took a MBW fully modded watch to a dealer he would tell you it was crap too.

Its not a complete waste. Most people who will identify that your watch is a fake could also identify 90% of the watches that you see here as fakes. I will try not to focus on the negative and more on the positive. You could practice luming your dial, removing the case back, dissasembly and re-assembly, see if its the right size watch and style for you. IMHO reps are crap anyways and require a significant amount of money to bring them up to par. Your going to pay decent $$$ to buy one already modded that will fool some people at a glance. I think its a good price to pay for a learning curve before you move onto the next step. A lot of members here got scammed for hundreds and have a shitty rep to show for, so consider your self lucky that you have some insight and didnt spend $500 for the same type of POS watch. Just remember a rep is a rep, and if you took a MBW fully modded watch to a dealer he would tell you it was crap too.

I totally agree with that. I will indeed buy a "nice" rep in a few months but as a starter watch to check out the feel & toy with i think the $30.00 was justified. This might be a new hobby taking this one apart & tinkering. RWG is full of great insight so I'm sure i'll be mighty busy learning on this watch as i go. Better to make cheap mistakes than expensive ones right?

Thanks!

We all gotta start somewhere. Welcome to the forum....stick around & come back to the post you made in a year's time, and you will have a new perspective....GUARANTEED! ;)

I totally agree with that. I will indeed buy a "nice" rep in a few months but as a starter watch to check out the feel & toy with i think the $30.00 was justified. This might be a new hobby taking this one apart & tinkering. RWG is full of great insight so I'm sure i'll be mighty busy learning on this watch as i go. Better to make cheap mistakes than expensive ones right?

Thanks!

I have had my "middle of the road Asian 111H" on my wrist almost everyday since received it in february this year. I do not frequent up with watch interested people. But - anyway - up until tuesday this week nobody I have met with probably even knew the brand Panerai, but a lot of people has commented the watch as "nice, interesting, uncommon etc".

Tuesday this week I was sitting in the cantina at work when fellow across table suddenly commented "nice PAM". He was obviously no expert, but interested in Panerais. I handed him my watch and he still assumed a gen although he probably was a little unsure. When I told him it was rep he lifted his sleeve and showed his wrist with an absolutely awful "fantasy PAM". He told me that he actually was saving up to buy a gen.

The "fantasy PAM" triggered this guys interest in Panerais and in mech watches in general. So, wear your "fantasy" well and move on to a bit more sofisticated reps or maybe gens when that time comes.

I kind of like these cheapies. Don't know exactly why. I've got three Canal St. specials, one of 'em is about 20 years old, and they're all still 'ticking'. I hope to acquire some more soon. Again, have no idea why they appeal to me. I think we need a new forum for 'pooper-reps'. :rolleyes: