When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Perfectclones/turstytimes GMTs

tonyp1

I was looking into getting a red/black GMT. My experience with GMTs has not been the greatest. Either the CGs and the crown are totally wrong or the date wheel is sitting high or low. This watch looks nice but I couldn't decipher if Josh is the same Josh from Perfectclones.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...p;hl=gmt+master

Edited by tonyp1

OK, you've found the 2893-2 movement in the second one which is the better movement ands happens to cost $220 more. The 2893-2 is an actual GMT movement, whereas the other 2836-2 is moified to be a GMT movement.

You might want to compare the pics of the two watches. Crown should sit higher on the 2893 case (good). the 2893 is a better and more modern movement. The big question will come down to do you want to spend the extra $220 and is it worth it to you.

OK, you've found the 2893-2 movement in the second one which is the better movement ands happens to cost $220 more. The 2893-2 is an actual GMT movement, whereas the other 2836-2 is moified to be a GMT movement.

You might want to compare the pics of the two watches. Crown should sit higher on the 2893 case (good). the 2893 is a better and more modern movement. The big question will come down to do you want to spend the extra $220 and is it worth it to you.

You say the 2893-2 is a real GMT movement. Does this mean the hour hand is adjustable forward and backwards in 1 hour increments, independently of the rest of the hands (like on the genuine Omega Seamaster GMT - sorry, this is the only genuine GMT watch I am familiar with). And also, if this is the case, does that mean that the 2893-2 does not have quick set date feature (like the Seamaster GMT)?

You say the 2893-2 is a real GMT movement. Does this mean the hour hand is adjustable forward and backwards in 1 hour increments, independently of the rest of the hands (like on the genuine Omega Seamaster GMT - sorry, this is the only genuine GMT watch I am familiar with). And also, if this is the case, does that mean that the 2893-2 does not have quick set date feature (like the Seamaster GMT)?

You need to try macssts.com. His prices are high but if you email him he will beat josh and andrews price. Also I bought a GMT twotone black face w/ new sel and it was freakin unbelivable. This guy is the only one that gives away free watches for referrals. The GMT rep with 28.93 or modified 28.36 has to set time backwards just like all of them.

another thing you need to consider, especially when you want to tranfser parts/use gen parts, or want to nitpick correctness, is the location of the date window. Some GMT's have the date + cyclops placed too far to the right. You will need another date overlay if you want to use a genuine dial for instance...

You need to try macssts.com. His prices are high but if you email him he will beat josh and andrews price. Also I bought a GMT twotone black face w/ new sel and it was freakin unbelivable. This guy is the only one that gives away free watches for referrals. The GMT rep with 28.93 or modified 28.36 has to set time backwards just like all of them.

I am a little concerned after going to Mac's website. It appears he is using watch photos from Josh's site. If you look carefully you can see the Perfect Clones watermark on each image (at least the Omega's I looked at) Doesn't mean he won't provide good product or good service, but it was a flag for me. Josh works hard to provide good service, and it bothers me a bit to see someone ripping off his stuff (though somewhat ironic considering what we all are buying) :whistling:

I think the correct hand stack GMT is visually the closest to gen (I got mine from Wo-mart Paul). The dial (notice the minute markers don't touch the rehaut but not too far away from the rehaut unlike Josh's $208 version. The text is excellent as well), date window position, date window shape and size, cyclop mag power, and the amazing, correct hand stack (from the bottom and up: hour-GMT-minute-second). The hour hand even adjusts in one hour increment. I had problems with the movement before when the hour hand can slip, i.e. stops for 1, 2, even several hours. I found that if I keep turning the minute hand and let the hour hand gear re-engage, it can go back to normal. I only did that once and it hasn't given anymore problem. All in all this is a known problem and currently this movement is out of stock and the watch is not available yet.

Here's my modded correct hand stack GMT. I sanded the inside of the CGs and I replaced the bezel to one with better teeth and as a result I can change the bezel insert with any tools. I just pop the bezel by hand and change the insert to any one of the 3 colors:

263550-4953.jpg

263550-4954.jpg

263550-4955.jpg

263550-4956.jpg

This same watch is available in a incorrect hand stack configuration. It's a compromised look because of the hand stack order and the fat rim of the GMT hand.

Josh's expensive version uses a true GMT movement 2893-2. The look is not good IMO. Too many visual flaws.

-bk

... I replaced the bezel to one with better teeth and as a result I can change the bezel insert with any tools. I just pop the bezel by hand and change the insert to any one of the 3 colors...

If i may ask, where did you get the 'OEM insert compatible' bezel?

looks really sharp :wub: