When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is the BR01-92 really an ETA movement or.......?

TmeShare

I see that there is a new Bell & Ross BR01-92 being sold by many sellers and the claim is that it has a real ETA movement in the watch. Does any one know if this is correct?

The prices on these watches seems way too low to have a real ETA movement OR is this like the 1st round of the BR01-92 watch which sellers claimed had an ETA moevment only to be discovered that it is a cheap movement.

TimeShare

I see that there is a new Bell & Ross BR01-92 being sold by many sellers and the claim is that it has a real ETA movement in the watch. Does any one know if this is correct?

The prices on these watches seems way too low to have a real ETA movement OR is this like the 1st round of the BR01-92 watch which sellers claimed had an ETA moevment only to be discovered that it is a cheap movement.

TimeShare

Can you cite specific links to the watches? The B&R movement issue has been beaten like a dead horse around here.

• 2 weeks later...

No, it is true. King now claims to have two versions on this watch in the last month or so. An asian ETA copy for $270 and a bonefide ETA for $350. I have yet to find out from him which ETA this is sporting. If it's the 2836-2 then it would account for the extra cost and seem a fair price. I've emailed him to say if he can guarantee it is an ETA and he says yes so what do we think?

No, it is true. King now claims to have two versions on this watch in the last month or so. An asian ETA copy for $270 and a bonefide ETA for $350. I have yet to find out from him which ETA this is sporting. If it's the 2836-2 then it would account for the extra cost and seem a fair price. I've emailed him to say if he can guarantee it is an ETA and he says yes so what do we think?

I would not say that $350 is a fair price for that watch with a 2836, if it had a Genuine and i mean genuine 2892 i might just find that fair but only just, look what you can get from silix with a 2836 and at what he charges, is this a super rep, IE super luminover, 1 to 1 and all singing and dancing, $350? the only thing singing are the collectors all the way to the bank. I would like to get the dealers to justify this price, and they can! it is justified to them because people will pay it. That is the sad fact.