When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nice 1680 with silver datewheel

tonyp1

I would figure that the date wheel is silver, but when you take a picture of it, it shows up as white. My 78 gen has a silver datewheel. Also, the crown is the 24-702 triplock- the one where the case tube doesn't have the outside o-ring- original to the watch. And the 9315 bracelet is also original.

But man, $10,995- wow, that's mucho dinero! I guess Rick is out there elephant hunting. He may not get much, but when he does, he'll be in fat city for a long time!

I would figure that the date wheel is silver, but when you take a picture of it, it shows up as white. My 78 gen has a silver datewheel. Also, the crown is the 24-702 triplock- the one where the case tube doesn't have the outside o-ring- original to the watch. And the 9315 bracelet is also original.

But man, $10,995- wow, that's mucho dinero! I guess Rick is out there elephant hunting. He may not get much, but when he does, he'll be in fat city for a long time!

WOW, your gen has a silver date wheel. Please post close up shots of this. Mines a circa 1972 white with a white date wheel. Im very interested to see the color of silver rolex used (whether its gloss or flat). As with most watches posted on the net he didn't post close up pics of the silver date wheel so it remains a mysterious rolex anomaly.