When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rate my Rolex

wannabe

hello all!

took some [very amature-ish] photos of my submariner, thought i would ask what you guys thought of it.

265534-4608.jpg

265534-4609.jpg

265534-4610.jpg

after doing a liitle research to find out how close this was to a real sub, all i've managed to work out is:

1. The 'm' on the end of the line : 1000ft = 300m dosn't align with the 'm' in the word 'chronometer' below

2. there isn't a small rolex logo etched below the 6 mark

thats the only flaws i could see, but im sure there are poeple who could point out a few more. i've not opened the back so don't know too much abou the movment, but im planning to buy some basic tools.

i've become really interested in replicas and the whole modding scene so im gonna used this as my first "project"

anythy thoughts would be very welocomed!

after doing a liitle research to find out how close this was to a real sub, all i've managed to work out is:

1. The 'm' on the end of the line : 1000ft = 300m dosn't align with the 'm' in the word 'chronometer' below

2. there isn't a small rolex logo etched below the 6 mark

thats the only flaws i could see

Don't know, how to say it in a way that doesn't harm your enthusiasm for your new toy. but... :blush: - I can see some more flaws. To be honest, I can't see anything, but flaws.... Case, crown, CG's, clasp, dial-printing, hands, date-font - everything looks a bit like a SUB - but that's all.

Sorry mate, but you asked... Hope, you didn't gave to much money for it.

It was the same with me, some years ago. I bought my first SUB and was really happy with it, until the moment, when I came to compare it with other reps and genuine ones. Suddenly I knew, I was scammed <_<

No offense meant, believe me, I have a bad conscience by writing this. But I think the usual nice-watch-wear-it-in-good-health-blabla would be unfair...

Cheers and welcome aboard,

Micky

Don't know, how to say it in a way that doesn't harm your enthusiasm for your new toy. but... :blush: - I can see some more flaws. To be honest, I can't see anything, but flaws.... Case, crown, CG's, clasp, dial-printing, hands, date-font - everything looks a bit like a SUB - but that's all.

It was the same with me, some years ago. I bought my first SUB and was really happy with it, until the moment, when I came to compare it with other reps and genuine ones. Suddenly I knew, I was scammed <_<

No offense meant, believe me, I have a bad conscience by writing this. But I think the usual nice-watch-wear-it-in-good-health-blabla would be unfair...

Micky

Micky your a idiot!! Yes the dial, date wheel and date mag suck. The case, crown guards, deep rehaut and bracelet are nice. You could mod this watch with a new dial, date wheel and it would go along way to making it a nice watch. The only major unchangeable flaw is the lack of rehault thickness. This watch uses the older style crystal.

Edited by tonyp1

Yeah, you took some nicer words, than I did :p

Ok, I change my statement into: It would have been a nice watch, if it was bought 2 years ago.

Cheers

Idiot oops - Micky

Sorry for the comment. Its just we all have to start out somewhere. That watch with a nice dial, date wheel and a better date mag would be a pretty nice watch. Im not sure if hes seeking to be a modder. I imagine he is since hes posting here.

Edited by tonyp1

No reason for a "sorry", tonyp1, I'm allright with that.

In fact, wannabe pointed out two minor flaws on his baby, and I just wanted to tell him, that there are some issues, that are much more obvious - as he asked to rate his sub. Nothing more and nothing less ^_^

TT maybe right with his words, however I think 99,9% of the population would even recognize a genuine as fake. There's "Rolex" printed on the dial, so it must be fake ;)

thanks for you feedback guys, its much appreciated. any critizism can only be a good thing, right?!

allow me to answer/reply to each of you:

Micky

thanks for the reply, and yes, i did ask for it! but there's no harm, as i said in my post im really getting into the whole modding scene so no worries. i didn't pay to much and its not the only reps i have. i was given these by someone who didn't want them and in total i was given one of these:

265803-4562.jpg

and one of these :

265803-4563.jpg

both of which im going to eventually "mod" as and when

and the grand total i paid for them was