When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex crown for 6263

the collector

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfff all done!!

I tried your method, Tony, and it worked!!Pics tomorrow!

Well I broke the first tube inside the case at first, because I put to much force on the tube while screwing it.

So I add to remove the thread with my dremel and a 3,5mm and I refinished the case and bracelet a little while I was at it (remember my DW6263 is the mother of all the DWs...the showcase model so it was not in a very good condition when I received it, it's better but my watch shows its age ;))

since I have it I replaced:

Bracelet, endlinks, springbars, caseback, bezel, tube, gen crown, T21...

The new crown change it all with the T21 fitted! Too bad the corronet is too high on the dial, this DW is incredible!

Thanks Guys,

There is one DW case and one VJ72 case for my VJ23 project ;)

I plan to assemble a DW silver 6263 (notice the corronet position on the silver dial) with copy movement

and the PN VJ23 6265 on the VJ72 case with custom croc and deployant from the bracelet deployant buckle (i prefer deployant even if it was never made on this version)

35474-39429.jpg

I change case back on my DW because it was not engraved...

BTW this DW 6265 is in fact a engraved 6241, with a uncommon serial n° I never saw this one on any other DW? Anybody has a DW with a 6241 model n° engraved.

So down the road I plan to put it back to it's origin condition: 6mm crown & tube and pump pushers and non oyster dial (still gathering parts)

BTW I DO NOT OFFER MODS, I DO THIS FOR MYSELF ONLY ;)

Edited by halley

@Halley, nice work, i am have at the moment three vintage daytona projects going on simultaniously, thats why i am asking. I am too gathering parts, crowns, crystals, pushers, tubes, bracelets, dials, movements, bridges and so on...

BTW, where do you find these engraved casebacks? are they gen or aftermarket? What do you do about the space between the lugs where there are no engravings? Can you have the missing numbers engraved?

@halley lets see...is this what you mean... the big thin gasket on the outside of the tube after the thread for the crown. smaller thin one between case and tube. One of the smallest thick ones in the crown, and then there is one more of the thick small ones... where does that one go?

Thanks

BTW do you know if it is possible to find pics of this anywhere on the net?

1 thick small gasket inside the tube, behind the teeth for the tube's tool -

1 thick small gasket completly inside the crown, around the pole where the stem is threaded with the crown...So when you screw the crown to the tube, this gasket will stick on the surface of the tube...

I don't know, I did not used glue anywhere but used marine grease on every gaskets of the tube and caseback...can't hurt anything...still the watch won't be waterproof because of the pushers...

I used teflon silicone spray on the bracelet, but it dries white, not very aesthetic in anyway, and very water restitant so I spent a fair amount of time washing the bracelet to remove the exendent... no more noises however ;)