When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG member uses By-Tors pic. to sell his watches

Rolexman

Yes it is. And not even one of my best shots.

Good observation, thanks. Personally, I don't care, just find it rather hilarious. Previously scammers used pictures of genuine watches, at least this guy uses picture of a rep. :lol:

Not being able to read Dutch is the seller trying to pass this off as gen?

Ken

For 350 Euros? I seriously doubt it. "Swiss" probably refers to ETA movement.

And besides: if he did, I think he would have stolen picture of a gen, eh? You never know though. ;)

No, he's not trying to pass it off as a gen. The add says:

"Only the best of the best. Swiss 25-jewels ETA 2836 movement. Genuine sapphire crystal. All the right marks at the right spot. Also other different Omega models available.

E-mail me for more information. All E-mails will be answered within 24 hours. Phonecalls only between 5 AM and 5 PM"

Selling price Euro 350,-

Edited by Rolexman

Guest sjako

Guys, I actually had some E-mail contact with this guy some time ago.

He gave me some solid advice... Not to buy from any of the scammer sites who sell Grade 1... (found this board only a little later and bought a rollie from Josh :thumbsupsmileyanim: )

Seller was the first to mention to me that there is no such thing as Grade 1...

The Guy sells reps. Maybe at a bit of a high price, but he also mods them (clean the movement, tighten the becel and all the rest of it).

However... posting stolen pics does not boost his credit...

It is just to hard to find a good dealer in the Netherlands.... :thumbdown: Guess I'm back to Josh :Jumpy:

Guys, I actually had some E-mail contact with this guy some time ago.

He gave me some solid advice... Not to buy from any of the scammer sites who sell Grade 1... (found this board only a little later and bought a rollie from Josh :thumbsupsmileyanim: )

Seller was the first to mention to me that there is no such thing as Grade 1...

The Guy sells reps. Maybe at a bit of a high price, but he also mods them (clean the movement, tighten the becel and all the rest of it).

However... posting stolen pics does not boost his credit...

It is just to hard to find a good dealer in the Netherlands.... :thumbdown: Guess I'm back to Josh :Jumpy:

Well that certainly sounds like a member from our boards, of course you realise that if he was a really good guy he would have just pointed you towards our boards in the first place.

Ken