When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New White Dial VC Overseas

drop

Things have been busy and I have not had time to set up ideal lighting, but I wanted to share some quick pictures and impressions of the 'new' version VC Overseas with white dial.

I received this piece from Ruby just over one week ago. It arrived in great condition and the ETA movement has been working flawlessley.

First impressions are very positive. While the bracelet feels a little light the watch does have a very solid feel and heft of a gen. In fact the feel reminds me a bit of my trusty FM Conquistador... just slightly off that watch's quality.

The crystal appears to have a layer of AR on the inside.

Turning to the dial, as has been pointed out on other threads, there are some notable flaws relative to the gen. To rehash two of those, "Geneve" lacks an accent and the date bezel appears slightly overdone. However, neither of these flaws are noticable without a good deal of scrutiny. Also, while the hands are silver they appear to be slightly more burnished than the gen - causing them to look darker in certain lighing conditions. The dial does have a silverish tint to it which tends to pop more in ideal lighting conditions.

A larger flaw in my eyes is the font and size of the 12, 3, 6 and 9 markers. In comparison to the gens I have seen my markers (especially the 12 and 6) are slightly squatter. The impact leads to a loss of symmetry on the dial, things look just a bit unbalanced to my eye. For example, the cross emblem is unbalanced between the 12 marker and the VC label.

The case back looks very nice. While much of the engraving is the usual, shallow quality I think the design of the ship is really well done.

The bracelet is nice - good polish, nice clasp and well seated pins. I do notice that the lug design is slightly different from the gen (one pin versus two) but I don't think it's very noticeable.

Thanks for looking and adding to this summary. I'll try to take some better pictures when I have time to get lighting set-up!

post-1774-1182704834_thumb.jpg

post-1774-1182704821_thumb.jpg

Pics of the gen (in much better light)

post-1774-1182882707_thumb.jpg

:wub: I have been waiting to buy this VC for ages now...probably will get it one day. Great to see that its so close to the genuine. Thanks for the review.

Regards

Gunnar :)

I still think the hands on this version are way off. It's nice to see the trapazoid date window, but also too large and I agree the font on the 12, 6, 9 are off, not a bad rep, but I think I'd still stay with the Version 2 of this watch, just the date window was off on that one. Add some AR and you have a real close second place.

I still think the hands on this version are way off. It's nice to see the trapazoid date window, but also too large and I agree the font on the 12, 6, 9 are off, not a bad rep, but I think I'd still stay with the Version 2 of this watch, just the date window was off on that one. Add some AR and you have a real close second place.

I like this version very much. I just received the black one from Silix and I am very mpressed. The date window does not look abnormally large to me and the boarder around it looks much larger in an oversized photo than it does on your wrist. The date is very visible and its angle is also nice. The missing accent mark over the "e in Geneve" is not noticable at all-to my eyes anyway. I've never seen a genuine model, but have studied many pictures and don't really see the difference with the numerals. I like the hands on mine with the black dial. The AR and Lume are very acceptble out of the box. I will get a white one soon.

One question I have is "who is Ruby?" I hear a lot of buzz about her on the forum, but I do not have her contact info. Could someone please PM me with her e-ail or web address. Thanks.

Let it go Steve,... they are just replicas, each good in their own ways,...

What exactly those ways are however, are turning out to be different, as I have said,

than photos can reveal...

One thing for sure however is this model is a more logical choice with regards to money and time investments,

weather you decide to wear it out of the box, or mod it to an accuracy that V2 can never match in areas

related to what the common man will know or notice.

This as happens in most replicas over time, and no sense arguing about it, as we can't turn back time

or get back the cash & time we spent on previous purchases,.. best to just move with the flow...

Some deal with it by accepting what they have, some sell their older versions and buy new,

some mod in hopes that their model will remain the standard, {which is rarely the case}

and some simply wait,... they wait for versions that correct the obvious flaws,.. which is logical,

because let's face it,.. none will never be 100%,... as replicas will always be replicas... :whistling: