When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dials with serious mistakes

gran

Bingo! Nascar fans aren't the brightest lot. New to the idea of Tachymeters, the simply assumed that the numbers represented Kilometers. The barainiacs converted them to Miles (60 KM = 37 Mi) for there left turn only clientele.

Sweeeet!

BTW, for the uneducated, the numbers on the tacy ring represent units of distance (ft, yds, km, mi). They are not any measurement in particular.

Edited by andreww

Well it is a tachemtre bezel but it still has rotory slide rule alignment marks, any thing else.

Is the Tachymeter scale running in the oposite direction :blink: or is it getting too alte for me....and the long minute counter divisions seems a little odd too :animal_rooster:

Is the Tachymeter scale running in the oposite direction :blink: or is it getting too alte for me....and the long minute counter divisions seems a little odd too :animal_rooster:

almost.. :) I belive it is "half a slide rule". They have obmitted the inner part of the slide rule.. :blink: It of course makes the slide rule pretty useless..

The long markers on the chronograph-minutes at 3, 6 and 9 minutes are common on the vintage 50-60ties Chronographs. They were used for timing international phone calls, which were expensive and charged in 3-minutes intervals. Useless today, but a nice vintage design touch.

Poljot have also made their own "Navitimer" branded watch. Even with a "Blue Angels" special edition... Who would ever had expected that the Russians would make a watch to honor a US Navy aircraft team..

272523-3311.jpg

almost.. :) I belive it is "half a slide rule". They have obmitted the inner part of the slide rule.. :blink: It of course makes the slide rule pretty useless..

The long markers on the chronograph-minutes at 3, 6 and 9 minutes are common on the vintage 50-60ties Chronographs. They where used for timing international phone calls, which were expensive and charged in 3-minutes intervals. Also, useless today, but a nice vintage design touch.

You are keeping me awake with this exiting stuff Christian :thumbsupsmileyanim: I never knew they counted telephone calls in 3 minute intervals.....I feel young ;)

Edited: Picture that should have been in post #1 in this thread

272525-3310.jpg

Edited by Gunnar Gran