When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Time to rep the power reserve mvt.!

shultz

Hi,

I am just back from my AD's store and took a look to the current catalogue: Besides the Big Pilot with automtaic pr mvt. I've seen that a BIG Ingy (45,5mm!) is out! It seems to be engined by the same mvt. as the BP.

There is a lot of rumours but does anyboy aboard know if and when the BP/ pr mvt. will be repped by our asian friends?

The gen BP:

272286-3335.jpg

And the huge Ingy :wub:

272286-3336.jpg

It is an in house movement, Cal 5011, watch is 46.5mm by 15.4mm

That's correct :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I really don't know if that mvt. will be repped at any time. I am afraid it is a bit complicated. Even on gen watch fora I read about several problems with the gen mvt. But nevertheless I am crossing my fingers that we will see a beautyful 5011 watch at some day.

F-

Then again, you may be smarter than me. It is my third (and final) wife. :lol: By the way what happened to the longer post? Just kidding. ;)

The other thing I forgot to add is that the upside of my wife being so enthusiastic is that the sales woman when she found out I would be back in several months made it a point to give me that fabulous 400 page history book IWC did for 2006. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I am now truly an expert on IWC. :D

Now here is a little tidbit on that movement. The movement actually has 8 days of reserve but they show only seven (I haven't figured out whether the movement actually stops on the 7th day) as god forbid you lose a millisecond of time on the eighth day as that lightened mainspring begins to lose power. :)

It is my third (and final) wife. :lol:

Be honest... was she looking over your shoulder when you typed this?

:lol:

The other thing I forgot to add is that the upside of my wife being so enthusiastic is that the sales woman when she found out I would be back in several months made it a point to give me that fabulous 400 page history book IWC did for 2006. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I am now truly an expert on IWC. :D

That's good news! Nice reading material for a rainy sunday afternoon :)

Now here is a little tidbit on that movement. The movement actually has 8 days of reserve but they show only seven (I haven't figured out whether the movement actually stops on the 7th day) as god forbid you lose a millisecond of time on the eighth day as that lightened mainspring begins to lose power. :)

The Big Pilot (and others with that cal) do stop at the end of day 7.