When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a couple of new watches...

I still know very little about watches, other than what I like! I'm looking to buy a couple of reps - I can only afford the cheap ones for the time being so am in need of advice of what to avoid!

I love some of the Graham Chronofighters, does anyone have one or know how ridiculous they look on your wrist?!

One of my favourite watches is the IWC GST Titanium, but I've not found a rep I can afford - are the only ones available £150+?

I know it's a bit tacky but how about a good old Tag Monza? This is the one I've seen, I don't think it's that accurate though - any comments? If not, a Monaco but I'm still unsure of it's design!

And now for the Panerai's...

A Submersible Moonphase

A Luminor Arktos

A Radomir Tourbillon

A Submersible 1973

A Luminor Marina - I can't decide between white with leather or black with black / blue rubber.

A Luminor Automatic Tourbillon

That's all of them. Most of the Panerai's that I like I can't afford at the moment, all of the watches pictured above are less than £30 (from a trusted source). I'm still in search of a decent Ikepod if anyone knows where to get one, and also is there such a thing as a Hublot rep around? If anyone has any suggestions of better watches to get for the money (I'm looking for 2) that'd be great!

Thanks.

rmcsherry.

The owning and appreciation of any watch- is really in the eye of the beholder.

So whatever you choose will be based on your own likes.

Having said that- the tourbillons are not something based on any model yet made. ( fantasy)

Also if they are low$$ they will at best be Chinese tourbillons, and probably more likely non functioning.

My counsel, would be to spend a little time reading and absorbing what is available, and then spend on as high a quality as you can. Maybe one better quality, will end up giving you more satisfaction, than a brace of " cheapies".

But -your call-what you like is what will finally make you happy. But look and learn before you dive in.

And maybe you should put just a couple of $$ aside, as a little bird whispered to me that our "Boss", may have a raffle on the horizon. and that is sometimes a good way to increase your collection- I can vouch for that, from a couple of forums I am a member of!!!

Offshore

I like Alan (offshore) he so on formed and polite.........

Now its my turn.........I have never seen such a load of crap and junk collected in one place at one time as what you have just shown us there.

Harsh? Well yes it is, but you have just proved to me you have wasted your time here.

Now here's my standard advice, do some reading and researching before you buy a rep then when you come back to this thread and look at those watches you too will be horified.

Once you have a good idea what you really want take a look at silix watch (a dealer on this site) as the site sells asian movement watches and are the cheapest around but also of very good quality.

Ken

Cheers for the comments. Maybe I will wait around and read up a bit more, I've already learnt a fair amount over the past few weeks from here so I guess it's best not to buy crap and end up regretting it!

Thanks kenberg for the link to Silix, some of the watches on his site are really nice and look a lot nicer than the ones I'd found.

oh boy!

you must be kidding...

go to the photo gallery and check some for nice PAM reps...and you will realize what kind of s*** you have wanted to have...

after seeing pics of nice reps...come again to this post and delete it so nobody has proves that you have posted this eye distroying pics!

and BTW....welcome to the forum

• 2 months later...
I still know very little about watches, other than what I like! I'm looking to buy a couple of reps - I can only afford the cheap ones for the time being so am in need of advice of what to avoid!

I love some of the Graham Chronofighters, does anyone have one or know how ridiculous they look on your wrist?!

One of my favourite watches is the IWC GST Titanium, but I've not found a rep I can afford - are the only ones available £150+?

I know it's a bit tacky but how about a good old Tag Monza? This is the one I've seen, I don't think it's that accurate though - any comments? If not, a Monaco but I'm still unsure of it's design!

And now for the Panerai's...

A Submersible Moonphase

A Luminor Arktos

A Radomir Tourbillon

A Submersible 1973

A Luminor Marina - I can't decide between white with leather or black with black / blue rubber.

A Luminor Automatic Tourbillon

That's all of them. Most of the Panerai's that I like I can't afford at the moment, all of the watches pictured above are less than £30 (from a trusted source). I'm still in search of a decent Ikepod if anyone knows where to get one, and also is there such a thing as a Hublot rep around? If anyone has any suggestions of better watches to get for the money (I'm looking for 2) that'd be great!

Thanks.

Sherry...if you live in the UK you might want to consider a dealer who ships from...the UK. Check the reviews on Precious Time...fast delivery (usually a couple of days) and no customs headaches.

I'd suggest quality over quantity (inverse ratio with women after the 4th beer...anything over nothing after the 8th)...so think about a swiss movement everytime you can...you'll end that with fewer specimens in your collection but not a bunch of dead watches...

Gotta agree with the guys...the list was not good...research pays...By thor and Pugwash have excellent reviews and reading material on many great replicas. I'd candidlu suggest to skip the tourbillons...gens are TOO expensive and unless you are a CEO of a pharmaceutical company nobody would believe it.

MY feel good list? IWC GST titanium, Patek 5053, Omega PO XL 5th gen or 42mm 4th generation, Arktos is apparently a good rep but I'm not a Panerai fan...maybe the Explorer II, IWC jones swiss mov. I own a genuine Rolex and found myself wearing my replicas more often. But this is only me...you gotta find your own style Luke.

I've dealt with Josh, PT, Andy, Eddie and TTK...all EXCELLENT!

But above all, your best finding was this forum itself! :victory:

Cheers

Alex

Edited by Alextor

oh boy!

you must be kidding...

go to the photo gallery and check some for nice PAM reps...and you will realize what kind of s*** you have wanted to have...

after seeing pics of nice reps...come again to this post and delete it so nobody has proves that you have posted this eye distroying pics!

and BTW....welcome to the forum

Give the kid a break! ;)

I know when I was new in the rep stuff, I thought any watch with the correct spelling ROLEX, not POLEX, was a good rep. We live - we learn!