When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner dials and date wheels/where to get???

Hi everyone!

Im new to the site having been directed here by a friend of mine. I am not in the replica selling business. I'm just starting out putting together my own Swiss replica pieces hoping I can do so for less than what I see for sale on the web. I've gotten to the point where I can pull and replace hands, switch a dial, and put a case, movement, dial and hands together from scratch. I found a great source for ETA 2824 and 2836 movements as well as affordable cases with smooth operating bezel rings and sapphire crystals as well as aftermarket hands. The rate limiting step for me are the dials. The best I have been able to do is $75 for a very high quality black Submariner replica dial which the seller is willing to do for $35 each if I buy in a quanity of 10. This seems high to me but I guess buying one at a time here and there, I'm going to pay a high price. Anyone know of a better source? Also, the fonts on the date wheels of the ETA movements are not Rolex fonts. Anyone know of a source for date wheels for these movements??

TIA

Crystal

dial for genuine movement will not fit on eta movement

the pins from genuine dial and eta dail are different

you need a dial special for eta movements... not aftermaket dail for genuine rolex movement.

Here's a link to the dial being sold on eBay I'm in contact with this seller

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Do you have a sample of the dials ? 75-35 u$ for a nice dial.

Also, show us your work ? let take some pictures of your projects .. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great to see people learning and doing ... :victory:

Last time I spoke to Red Big Joe about it, he said he can attach gen dial to ETA mvts. I know it involves milling the dial, greatly modifiying the mvt feet/gluing the dial to the mvt but Joe told me he has/can do it. It's a project though and is not cheap ,particularly when factoring the cost of the gen dial ( few hundred bucks)

Can I take or download a digital phito of an aftermarket date wheel and print it using a high quality printer and paper and then glue that as an overlay? How about the photo at the bottom of the page of this link?

http://www.ofrei.com/page818.html

Last time I spoke to Red Big Joe about it, he said he can attach gen dial to ETA mvts. I know it involves milling the dial, greatly modifiying the mvt feet/gluing the dial to the mvt but Joe told me he has/can do it. It's a project though and is not cheap ,particularly when factoring the cost of the gen dial ( few hundred bucks)

Fitting genuine Rolex dials to ETA based watches is no problem. I've done it many a time, and with no problems yet (My MBW 1665, 7928 and 16234 franken projects all have dials meant for genuine 1570's and 3135's fitted to ETAs).

Here's a link to the dial being sold on eBay I'm in contact with this seller

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

BTW... You might want to keep looking for dials. The ones being offered by this eBay seller are terrible.

Fitting genuine Rolex dials to ETA based watches is no problem. I've done it many a time, and with no problems yet (My MBW 1665, 7928 and 16234 franken projects all have dials meant for genuine 1570's and 3135's fitted to ETAs).

BTW... You might want to keep looking for dials. The ones being offered by this eBay seller are terrible.

Hey Ubi I found this one is this any good. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...Y_BIN_Stores_IT

Edited by Ivanoso

Looks much better... But you'll need a vintage 1680 for that dial ;)

Keep your eyes on eBay- Every now and then a nice genuine 16610 dial will pop up for bid by a reputible seller...

Well Ubi I do have a 1680, That I did some mods and joe did some other, I want to put this dial on the 1680.

I will assume that the dial is fake because of your comments, is that right?

@ crystalcranium

The 1500 series date wheels go in the wrong direction, but the 3135 date wheel goes in the same direction as the ETA. And it is correct for the 16610 Submariner as far as font, etc. So if you can scan and print it to the correct size to fit as an overlay and line up with the date window of a rep (or real) dial, you'd definitely be in business and I'd love to see it cause I happen to need one myself. Good luck and keep us posted.

Well Ubi I do have a 1680, That I did some mods and joe did some other, I want to put this dial on the 1680.

I will assume that the dial is fake because of your comments, is that right?

Ivanoso- If you have a 1680, then that's a good one to use! I do believe that the dial in question is legitimate, and at a very good price!

:)