When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beginmariner

normanduke

In only 5 and a half days my watch was delivered.

After fighting through at least five layers of plastic wrap, all of my apprehensions were settled as soon as I saw the watch.

It is beautiful.

The mag is perfectly placed.

The crystal is installed evenly all around. There's a bevel to it and it sits about 1 mm or so above the bezel.

The finish on the bezel is smooth and shiny. The bezel itself is shiny.

The rehaut is just off perpendicular and shiny, not wok-like or conical as that would have ruined the watch for me. Yes, it could be deeper.

The lume is good as it shows indoors after being in a shaded spot outdoors.

It was running when it arrived, though I did give it a couple of slow turns and it's keeping perfect time for all of the 7 hours I've had it. ( vs. a quartz watch )

I had no trouble setting it or screwing in the crown, but I did put a drop of silicone on the threads.

The bracelet was stiff, but it's better with some penetrating oil. One of the links will have to be filed a bit.

I did notice while removing a link that one of the screw pins was about to fall out, possibly from manipulating the links to oil them, but it was really loose. Minus one point on a score of 100.

I opened the case and there was the most beautiful movement in there. Damascened metal and gleaming rubys. Immaculate.

I'm a newbie, but this watch looks good. It feels good. It was only $ 108.00 including shipping.

' Nuff said.

Glad to hear it worked out for you, Norman. I think the beginmariner and the River sub with the chinese 2836 copy movt are two of the best deals going. Both have noob cases, look great and you can't beat the price. Of the chinese movements, the DG2813 from PTS Resources is one of my favorites.

In only 5 and a half days my watch was delivered.

After fighting through at least five layers of plastic wrap, all of my apprehensions were settled as soon as I saw the watch.

It is beautiful.

The mag is perfectly placed.

The crystal is installed evenly all around. There's a bevel to it and it sits about 1 mm or so above the bezel.

The finish on the bezel is smooth and shiny. The bezel itself is shiny.

The rehaut is just off perpendicular and shiny, not wok-like or conical as that would have ruined the watch for me. Yes, it could be deeper.

The lume is good as it shows indoors after being in a shaded spot outdoors.

It was running when it arrived, though I did give it a couple of slow turns and it's keeping perfect time for all of the 7 hours I've had it. ( vs. a quartz watch )

I had no trouble setting it or screwing in the crown, but I did put a drop of silicone on the threads.

The bracelet was stiff, but it's better with some penetrating oil. One of the links will have to be filed a bit.

I did notice while removing a link that one of the screw pins was about to fall out, possibly from manipulating the links to oil them, but it was really loose. Minus one point on a score of 100.

I opened the case and there was the most beautiful movement in there. Damascened metal and gleaming rubys. Immaculate.

I'm a newbie, but this watch looks good. It feels good. It was only $ 108.00 including shipping.

' Nuff said.

Thanks, fellas,

Twenty-four hours later, the watch is keeping perfect time. Can't tell you how classy that movement looks. All damascened gold colored metal, so smooth and well machined. With the dollar dropping, I think we should get these while the getting is good. Two more on order from an obscure co. Cheap....inexpensive.lol A blue sub and a modern style Sea Dweller which has a lot of CG mat'l. Maybe my 1st mod. Let you know how it goes.