When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chopard MM GTXL on a Stingray Strap *take a look*

Daytona4me

Good M, A or E , whichever applies.

I wanted to share some pics of my new Chopard GTXL on the Stingray strap that I just picked up. It really changed the look of this

watch for me and I thought some of you might appreciate this rep with a different look.

The lugs are about 23mm so this poses a little problem. I purchased 22mm straps and I plan to thin the ends of the straps with using a hammer which will spread them out a little bit (stingray can handle it no problem). Either way,, we are only talking about gaining 1mm (0.5mm on each side). I liked this rep before, I love it now. For me, this has breathed new life into a rep and can be used as an example of how a strap can renew your zeal for that seldom worn rep! (not that this is old or would go unworn)

Thanks for letting me share,, Happy 4th to all American RWG members!

d4m

275371-2610.jpg

275371-2611.jpg

275371-2612.jpg

275371-2613.jpg

275371-2614.jpg

275371-2615.jpg

275371-2616.jpg

275371-2617.jpg

275371-2618.jpg

275371-2619.jpg

275371-2620.jpg

275371-2621.jpg

275371-2622.jpg

275371-2623.jpg

275371-2624.jpg

275371-2625.jpg

275371-2626.jpg

Looks so cool :wub:

Wonder what the price difference between the watch and the strap might be :g:

Actually the price of this strap is not as expensive as one might think. $25.00 dollars I believe. I ordered one for my Chopard after seeing D4M's post. The strap can be found at the link below.

Cheers,

TWP

International Watchman

Thanks fellas, all kind words!

TWP is right, I purchased the strap from Ron at International Watchman for $25.00 . I think this $25 stingray is nicer than the $100 one that I had before. It came with a tang buckle but I purchased a diployant for $15 It is a little thick for the deployant but it is working just fine. It is 22mm at the lug and narrows to a 20mm at the buckle.

I feel like a noob with his first rep,,lol,, I just keep wearing it and showing it off when possible. lol..

Ordering from Ron is.. well.. not the easiest thing to do. It is best if you email him (see his contact page) include the items you want, give him a phone number to call you back at. State you will give cc info via phone call. It takes him up to two or three days, but he will contact you. Shipping on it was about 5 days after order. He is in Ohio fyi, but I wont hold that against him.. lol..

• 1 month later...

I like stingray. I've liked it ever since I tried on a Louis Vuitton tourbillon, mounted on red stingray, in an AD in Hong Kong.

So I was delighted to get one at a sensible price from a geman site, www.watchbandcenter.com - for only 37.49 euros, including shipping. One of the few times that the strap has cost me a lot less than the watch :D

I had to punch oval holes in it though... didn't do a very good job of it. Never mind... it wasn't expensive, so I can get another...

Here you go:

onstingray.jpg