When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need a general opinion on a dispute with another member

tedbearz

I purchased a Lello crown with another member with a fairly extensive post count 200+. I received an thin paper envelope with a hole in it and no crown. He claims it was in a small plastic bag. Either way I received a envelope and no crown. I asked for a refund as I believe it was improperly packaged. As a metal crown in a letter envelope is asking for trouble. I am right or wrong? The seller did not mention any insurance when I purchased from him. I would expect him to make it right since: 1) we are not talking about alot here 2) improper packaging; should have been in a bubble package.

He has so far refused to refund me as he said he has no crowns and is not a dealer. I don't see how either affects a refund. As even being a private seller you should package your items properly.

Edited by tedbearz

I purchased a Lello crown with another member with a fairly extensive post count 200+.

My only comment is that obviously post count doesn't matter...

Hope things work out well for you.

Esmarc :pimp:

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

I agree with the two previous posts, thia seems like both your problem. I think the fairest solution would be for you two to split the cost and take it as a learing experience. Sorry for your situation.

ouch . . . ya both got burned . . . .

half & half soundes fair to me too . . .

seller shoulda . . . buyer shoulda . . .

next time, you both learned what could/might happen . . .

unfortunetaley . . . you both paid for your mistakes . . .

but it won't happen again . . .

B

Well I'm the guy that sent tedbearz the crown.

I put it in a small plastic envelope and then in the regular paper envelope.

I also talked to another user that I sent two crowns to with the exact same packaging, he received them, but said there were two small holes in the envelope.

I think we definately got burned here, so I think the best solution, is Nanuq's and others... I was thinking about doing this in the first place, but wanted to hear some other opinions as well. Thanx guys :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sorry for the problem tedbearz, please look for 50% refund in your PP account soon... I hope I can remember my PP account details, I am on holiday in Thailand at the moment and do not have *my* laptop with me.