When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquaracer Chrono from PC : it's calling me !

Pix

Hi,

it's not my first trial in the TAG HEUER yard, I already own an SLR Quartz, which I'm really satisfied with although it's fantasy watch.

I recently discovered a pic of the Aquaracer shape in the wristchecks (the one I saw had a leather strap which was fitting perfectly).

So my first reaction was to check for an affordable one. And I found a Chrono version, quartz, which (at least for me) insures reliability and "inexpensivity". That's the same recipe as for my SLR, and I must say it tastes good ! :D

Before spending my 118 bucks, I would like to know if someone has this specific model from PC. I would tend to go for the black. Here two pics.

Any comment/hint welcome.

I know that accuracy in replication is not a topic for this model, but I feel that there are so many TAG models and Quartz/mechanical movements that even a fantasy TAG might look great.

I'm a bit anxious how the datefont looks like (the 6 looks odd), although it's a standard Citizen movement, so one could expect it to look...standard, from the font side too.

276263-2464.jpg

276263-2465.jpg

276263-2466.jpg

I recently discovered a pic of the Aquaracer shape in the wristchecks (the one I saw had a leather strap which was fitting perfectly).

And it was mine :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The one I have is impossible to find anymore, come with a Quartz Swiss ISA Movement. (Chrono work at 1/5 sec)

The one you show here use a Miyota Quartz Movement. OF course, don't look at the accuracy since there is MANY flaw. (my version was the closest) Sadly, there is no better version, so if you like it, get it.

I didn't expect a Swiss quartz to be in a rep... :)

Citizen Miyota movements are however reliable, no doubt on that, and I would like to see more reps with Quartz (sorry for purists...) It's definitely a good compromise between price and reliability. Of course, that only makes sense for some types of watches, and I feel Quartz is well adapted to the TAG HEUER spirit. More difficult on a Breguet :lol:

Vric, you're right, it's surely full of flaws, but unlike PAMS for instance, I guess they're less noticeable, as many TAG original also have quartz.

So, black or white ?

I really like this model as well. But the reports say that the rep bracelet feels extremely cheap, and the overall quality isn't that great. I wouldn't mind a quartz, either.

I wish they could make a high-end quartz rep of the quartz version of this watch.

277338-2130.jpg

Nice one, especially the dial colour ! :) I also particularly like the watches that have the green/red Tag Heuer logo.

Good to know for the bracelet, I did not expect less, although I find the LINK bracelet of my SLR to be OK (not noticed a flaw, except on the clasp, which I fixed by myself). But OK, probably not the same manufacturer, difficult to draw a conclusion on cheaper Quartz TAG reps.

At least on the pics, the finish looks right, the engraving on the caseback too, as well as the dial. Of course, the big question is, how loose is the bezel and will the markers hold against any small shock.

For the Aquaracer bracelet, well, I am intending to wear it with a black smooth leather strap (no stitching) or alternatively a rubber one.

In the meantime, I've gone for an AP Royal Oak, ordered yesterday from PC, so the Aquaracer will wait a little bit... Not so long though :lol: I think I have to try it, anyway not taking too big risks for the price.

I have also the feeling that "high end" rep and "quartz" are not compatible in the facts, and it's a pity. Again, for such models, I don't see any problem having such a movement.

I was sure to refrain purchasing anything during the holiday period. Finally I could not help pulling the trigger. Am I ill ? ^_^

I was sure to refrain purchasing anything during the holiday period. Finally I could not help pulling the trigger. Am I ill ? ^_^

That is what I say every week: "I'll stop untill next month".

This morning I state: "no more spendings before august".

My god, 23 more days :Jumpy:

Pix ? We're both ill :wounded1:

I really like this model as well. But the reports say that the rep bracelet feels extremely cheap, and the overall quality isn't that great.

Why do you think I put a leather strap on mine ? :p All the links are empty and the overall feeling is very cheap (light)

Overall quality is ok.. the Bezel is VERY loose. I had to order a replacement from a guy on iOffer year ago.. The finish between the lugs is low quality (if you use a strap, it's a bit sad) Dial quality is good, but on mine, the Red/Green color of the Tag logo is a bit misaligned (there is a white line on the right side of it)

It's a nice watch, but don't expect too much.

Edit: btw it's 22mm lug if you want to shop a strap. Watch is about 44mm

Edited by vric

Blue's much better !

As mentionned, a cheap bracelet is not an issue..; but a loose bezel is something I would probably not stand... <_<

I suppose I'll have to change my mind and look for an other TAG rep (still I'm focusing on quartz for the TAGs)

Thx fellows for your contribution in my psychoanalysis !