When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Watch To Celebrate?

Dutchy

Ok, so I've made the offer for uni as mentioned in the other thread. But now, a separate thread on which watch to purchase to celebrate the occasion!!

I wanted to make it a gen Omega or something but now I'm thinking keep the extra cash for uni. So a nice rep is more than perfect!!

Now, what I'm interested in:

IWC Cousteau 2006

Breitling Evo TT Blue dial

Breitling Steelfish White dial

Chopard Mille Miglia GMT Chrono White dial

Omega Seamaster Chrono

Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm Chrono

I wanted the Big Bang, but well...we've all heard some unfortunate things about the movement.....

I know....still havent gotten that Steelfish....I hate the new price (because of the lack of ETA movements or rising price.....)

Let me know!

Floris

Flo from your list I would take the IWC CD but I thought this was the time in your life when your parents buy you a nice watch....oh wait that's graduation isn't it........take the Cousteau

And Congratulations my friend, now I must find your other thread.

Ken

I have the Breitling Chronomat, and i is a fantastic watch, but the new Costeau is gorgeous, and I am really growing to like IWC's at the moment! Have you seen the ordinary Chrono in the pipeline, that looks quite promising also?

When are you planning in coming over to the UK?

I have the Breitling Chronomat, and i is a fantastic watch, but the new Costeau is gorgeous, and I am really growing to like IWC's at the moment! Have you seen the ordinary Chrono in the pipeline, that looks quite promising also?

When are you planning in coming over to the UK?

Yea, I just got the Ingenieur, man thats an amazing watch too! I had two Evo's but I want the TT version on leather, just looks too good.

I will be in the UK I reckon in the 2nd week of August. My bro and sis live in London so I'll be going there quite often!!

Yea, I just got the Ingenieur, man thats an amazing watch too! I had two Evo's but I want the TT version on leather, just looks too good.

I will be in the UK I reckon in the 2nd week of August. My bro and sis live in London so I'll be going there quite often!!

Yes the TT version looks stunning!

We'll have to arrange a London get together at some point then, I know there are a few people that live fairly close to there.

Okay, consider this: buy two vintage Rolex GMT 1675 for about $3800 each now. Wear one, put the other away. When you graduate university sell the other, pay for both watches and part of the university expenses.

The 1675 is vastly underrated right now and the prices are about to shoot up. My prediction.

So basically all I need is 8k :lol: Um....any chance that reps will shoot up in price too? LOL

On a separate note, I'm really not a Rolex fan anymore (except for that double red you got going on, but thats more because of its history and because I know how well it goes with ya!). Second of all Uni is cheap in Europe. About 6k for a year if you're EU. So I really think something like go to uni and later on purchase a Limited Edition Breitling Crosswind Special TT with white or black dial.......now that my friend, is a killer!!!

I understand what Nanuq is saying. I received a gold Omega Geneve Dynamic when I graduated high school, and it would look stylish and modern even today. I wish I still had it, and am actually keeping my eyes open for a used one that has the same dial (one of the less common dials for that model).

But I also understand what Dutchy is saying about university costs. If you get a classy yet less expensive rep today, you won't have to worry as much about something happening to it.

If I were you, I would go for one of the distinctive yet sporty models, like the Cousteau or Chopard, rather than the two-tone Breitling. The first two would be suitable for a wider variety of situations. The latter is better for dressy situations and would otherwise draw too much attention to itself, particularly on a college student.

I understand what Nanuq is saying. I received a gold Omega Geneve Dynamic when I graduated high school, and it would look stylish and modern even today. I wish I still had it, and am actually keeping my eyes open for a used one that has the same dial (one of the less common dials for that model).

But I also understand what Dutchy is saying about university costs. If you get a classy yet less expensive rep today, you won't have to worry as much about something happening to it.

If I were you, I would go for one of the distinctive yet sporty models, like the Cousteau or Chopard, rather than the two-tone Breitling. The first two would be suitable for a wider variety of situations. The latter is better for dressy situations and would otherwise draw too much attention to itself, particularly on a college student.

Thanks for that! I agree with Nanuq as well and good luck finding your loved Omega!!

What I meant was a rep right now (all the models listed here are good for me, like the Cousteau, the Steelfish, etc) and when I graduate from uni get a gen Breitling, like the LE Crosswind Special :)