When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 203

Victoria

Having experienced my first taste of Panerai-mania, I want more! Yes, even with my PAM 111h on its way, I still want more.

I have long wanted one with a brown or choco dial, and after seeing this spread on a 65 y.o. vintage movement 203, I want it.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/169624/thre...intage+Movement

(I'm also partial to a Destro, FYI)

For reasons already mentioned, I only want to purchase a brown-dial PAM from Andrew or Josh. I'd like opinions about these in terms of authenticity, or any suggestions you may have:

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...products_id=470 ($188.00)

http://www.perfectclones88.com/pn20301-1950-days-p-549.html ($138.00/black dial tho', why?)

Don't worry about the 47mm. Turns out the 44mm looks GOOD on me, wrist-shots will confirm later. How this is possible, since I have a similar slim arm to Kollektor's wife I don't know, but I'll take it!

Going to research on my own, but any info would be appreciated. :)

Having experienced my first taste of Panerai-mania, I want more! Yes, even with my PAM 111h on its way, I still want more.

I have long wanted one with a brown or choco dial, and after seeing this spread on a 65 y.o. vintage movement 203, I want it.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/169624/thre...intage+Movement

(I'm also partial to a Destro, FYI)

For reasons already mentioned, I only want to purchase a brown-dial PAM from Andrew or Josh. I'd like opinions about these in terms of authenticity, or any suggestions you may have:

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...products_id=470 ($188.00)

http://www.perfectclones88.com/pn20301-1950-days-p-549.html ($138.00/black dial tho', why?)

Don't worry about the 47mm. Turns out the 44mm looks GOOD on me, wrist-shots will confirm later. How this is possible, since I have a similar slim arm to Kollektor's wife I don't know, but I'll take it!

Going to research on my own, but any info would be appreciated. :)

Joshua advises to go with the Auto movement, mail Josh and ask .... i think it was something about the bridge on the manual wind... can't remember ... just the usual the lume is weak in the numerals, hands need to be mod. but for the price it's a pretty good buy... just need to throw some money into Flav or Ziggy for mod.

Joshua advises to go with the Auto movement, mail Josh and ask .... i think it was something about the bridge on the manual wind... can't remember ... just the usual the lume is weak in the numerals, hands need to be mod. but for the price it's a pretty good buy... just need to throw some money into Flav or The Zigmeister for mod.

Great, I will Lanikai!

If he doesn't have this PAM in the brown dial, or one in destro version, I'll just keep looking though. And The Zigmeister or Flav will definitely be getting my money, eventually. ;)

Great, I will Lanikai!

If he doesn't have this PAM in the brown dial, or one in destro version, I'll just keep looking though. And Ziggy or Flav will definitely be getting my money, eventually. ;)

Yes,.. both Joshua and Andrew will be up and up with you ... email Joshua.. he is on line now and he can advise you correctly on the 2 movements ... good luck and as i have found .. good luck with the addiction ..P.S. you are le femme ... sorry thought it was a feminine guy before ... (not that there's anything wrong with that)....

Yes,.. both Joshua and Andrew will be up and up with you ... email Joshua.. he is on line now and he can advise you correctly on the 2 movements ... good luck and as i have found .. good luck with the addiction ..

It's a good/bad addiction! And yes, I will email both of them before placing the orders, especially for the pesky bridge thing.

P.S. you are le femme ... sorry thought it was a feminine guy before ... (not that there's anything wrong with that)....

LOL! Right. In fact, I made my boyfriend read this and the other thread earlier tonight. Don't worry, he loved it. ;)

uh oh....looks like you've got a growing case of paneraitis :o

I have long wanted one with a brown or choco dial

have you considered the pam 232? there is a good thread about it here....

deltatahoe

The 203 Auto is more accurate in terms of sub dial spacing - the second hand is the correct distance from the hour hand, whilst the 6497 one isn't. The auto never came in a brown dial though - the 6497 did, and if you're lucky a seller on cqout.co.uk may still have them (tonyxkf - described as a Panerai 8 days brown dial). It'll need a relume, new strap, correct CG (it's upside down) and maybe an AR coat on a replacement sapphire. Even then, it won't fool anybody because the movement's wrong - but you're looking at $3,00+ to change the motor in a 203!!!

Forgot to mention - if you want an Auto black dial with C3 superlume, I've got one for sale somewhere in the trading section.

uh oh....looks like you've got a growing case of paneraitis :o

have you considered the pam 232? there is a good thread about it here....

deltatahoe

I do have it badly. One thing is that I have YET to really covet a Radiomir, though. I dunno. To me the crown guard is the most distinctive feature of the PAM, and it feels less of one without it.

Perhaps a newbie snobbery, that I'll get over one day.

The 203 Auto is more accurate in terms of sub dial spacing - the second hand is the correct distance from the hour hand, whilst the 6497 one isn't. The auto never came in a brown dial though - the 6497 did, and if you're lucky a seller on cqout.co.uk may still have them (tonyxkf - described as a Panerai 8 days brown dial). It'll need a relume, new strap, correct CG (it's upside down) and maybe an AR coat on a replacement sapphire. Even then, it won't fool anybody because the movement's wrong - but you're looking at $3,00+ to change the motor in a 203!!!

I don't mind the mods. :)

Thanks for the info about that chap!

Forgot to mention - if you want an Auto black dial with C3 superlume, I've got one for sale somewhere in the trading section.

Well, I believe I can't go to that forum until I do a VIP upgrade. But there's another sticky wicket.

I have totally changed tack, and now I want to buy this one:

http://www.pam111.com/product_info.php?cPa...products_id=982 ($119, with diver strap and deployant)

Paul again, but I'm still limited financially, and I want to do the VIP upgrade soon. Joe had an excellent review about a year ago, on it -- comparing his gen 199, to a rep he had bought, and modded.

He mentioned Paul by name, though I'm not sure he actually bought it from him.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=1698

Yes, brown dial 203 are sold out. Occasionally tonyxkf gets in possess of a last piece and I got the last 4, 2 for me and 2 for tourby. Tony is advised to let me know should he ever get any new pieces.

I plan to sell an unmodded 203 at a fair price in a few months, as long as I'll not have to cannibalize it as a backup to the other (to be modded) one.

hey tourby!

you had to post those gorgeus mvt's, didn't you? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

on the 2nd pic there are 3 angelus sf240...do you have in plan to build some nice vinty pams with those?

277110-2244.jpg

this watch is not from me... it is a Jochen Benzinger movement... but not german made case :thumbdown:

also i don

It's a good/bad addiction! And yes, I will email both of them before placing the orders, especially for the pesky bridge thing.

LOL! Right. In fact, I made my boyfriend read this and the other thread earlier tonight. Don't worry, he loved it. ;)

Yaaahhh.... tell your BF i wasn't implying you were being really BUTCH ... ireally thought you were a guy and when you explained how Stallone was soo goergous ... well you can imagine wat i was thinking.. LOL.. have a panerai weekend.. check out Davids board too he has some TI with brown dial ... for 2 or 3 cheaper watches you can get a good swiss movement with Ti case .. from Josh, Andrew or David....

Yaaahhh.... tell your BF i wasn't implying you were being really BUTCH ... ireally thought you were a guy and when you explained how Stallone was soo goergous ... well you can imagine wat i was thinking.. LOL..

No worries! No offence meant or taken. :)

have a panerai weekend.. check out Davids board too he has some TI with brown dial ... for 2 or 3 cheaper watches you can get a good swiss movement with Ti case .. from Josh, Andrew or David....

Will do thanks, Lanikai.

Also read the posts above, and might just take sssurfer's offer at some later date, for the brown dials! Meanwhile, I think the 199 or a destro, so I'll keep you guys informed.

P.S.: Drool over the movements, Tourby! You guys are so lucky.