When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this Normal?

Hi i don't know if this has been discussed before but i am kind of confused.. i have 2 watches coming from china.. and in the ems site the tracking system hasn't been updated since the watch has been sent.. however in the australian post website it says that the item has arrived in melbourne.. waiting for it to go to adelaide.. is this normal? and if so which one is correct? because this is unusual for me.. as normally before arriving into australia.. it would normally say "dispatched from china" this time in the site it just says "arrival at sorting centres" then "arrived in melbourne custom and awaiting clearance"... so yeh i'm not sure why :\

Highly abnormal, decidedly irregular, unstandardized standardness.

from my *limited* experience.. the last stop is in china and the travel-time it takes to go from there to wherever it's going's sorting center is maybe 2 days or so? so yea.. ems won't update until then.. here's a sample of mine which is a fully completed delivery

2007-06-27 21:21:00 City of Guangzhou Posting

2007-06-27 21:30:00 City of Guangzhou Despatch from Sorting Center

2007-06-27 23:20:00 City of Guangzhou Arrival at Sorting Center

*** 2007-06-28 00:43:00 City of Guangzhou Despatch from Sorting Center

2007-07-01 13:11:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USJFKA Arrival at Sorting Center

2007-07-02 08:35:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 11237 Arrival at Delivery Office

2007-07-02 14:00:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 11237 Attempted delivery

2007-07-02 14:01:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 11237 Delivery

that stopped on the 2007-06-28 entry until it arrived in the USA on 7/01, basically for 3 days it just showed that last line as being despatched from china.. seems it's like this for others i've seen too which makes sense because all it says is that it left china and is on the way to wherever it's going

Tracking numbers are a means of creating anxiety and thus elevating blood pressure. I never use them anymore. All the dealers on this forum are reputable. Just relax, give it time, your package will appear.

oh yeah i know the dealers are reputable and i know it will come.. i just wanna know when :p.. and im just confused with the tracking things.. coz one says that it hasn't left china and the other one says that it arrived in melbourne.. and now.. i checked again.. and its doing the reverse.. EMS site now says that package has been released from custom while the one on the aust post website says it just arrived in melbourne.. in a way these trackings are very confuseing LOL!

oh yeah i know the dealers are reputable and i know it will come.. i just wanna know when :p.. and im just confused with the tracking things.. coz one says that it hasn't left china and the other one says that it arrived in melbourne.. and now.. i checked again.. and its doing the reverse.. EMS site now says that package has been released from custom while the one on the aust post website says it just arrived in melbourne.. in a way these trackings are very confuseing LOL!

In my limited experience, I've found that I trust the EMS site UNTIL it leaves the sorting centre. Then afterwards, I just check USPS. They're more reliable then, and I'm certain their other country equivalents would be too.

In my limited experience, I've found that I trust the EMS site UNTIL it leaves the sorting centre. Then afterwards, I just check USPS. They're more reliable then, and I'm certain their other country equivalents would be too.

yeah :).. i guess.. now that both sites say that its in melbourne.. i guess then the watch should arrive to my doorstep by tomorrow.. as is the case from my previous orders.. 1 day after melbourne or tuesday by the latest hopefully :) thanks anyway..

yeah :).. i guess.. now that both sites say that its in melbourne.. i guess then the watch should arrive to my doorstep by tomorrow.. as is the case from my previous orders.. 1 day after melbourne or tuesday by the latest hopefully :) thanks anyway..

If it's already in your city, then you can expect it by 1 PM your time. :)

(Mine arrives in a local post office at 8 AM, and always comes at 11 AM all the time. Not sure why, but you could time it ironically with a watch!)