When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What If You Have More Than One Replica Watch?

alant

I can't deny this replica watch 'thing' is indeed addictive! I'm new into this and I think most of you all will easily have more than one piece of replica. I'm very curious, I have some questions hope you all could enlighten me.

Take for example, if you have more than one piece of those replicas (could be certain Panerai models or certain Breilting models or Daytona models etc) running on old asia 7750 or the new asia 7750 movements. You can't possibily be wearing them everyday, most probably some you will wear more often than the others. And all these are automatic movements. So if you don't wear than often will these movements run into problems? Or how do you all maintain them? Put them in auto watch winders? Or when you want to wear them, you just wind the watch before wearing? And may I know are the new asia 7750 movements reliable?

Thank you! Looking to hear and learn from you all!

I think most everyone that's been here for more than a few weeks has more than one rep! :lol:

I have a few automatic watches and when I don't wear one for a couple days, I just give it a shake (or a wind), set the correct time, and I'm out the door. It's the same with my handwind watches.

Hi first of all Pugwash thanks for the reply and assurance! Wow with 20+ replicas, it's indeed addictive!

I remember reading in a thread about watch movements for new hobbyists. It mentioned that for asia 7750 though it's automatic it's ok to wind it. I just want to confirm this so that I can wind my watch with ease as I don't want to end up with spoilt watches and have to send back for servicing etc. Thanks.

Thanks juyaku! Yap you are right! I recently got my first replica from my local dealer than come across and discover this great site. Now already planning for my next two watches...very very tempting man! Haha in fact I have too many in mind have to narrow down my selection!

Hi first of all Pugwash thanks for the reply and assurance! Wow with 20+ replicas, it's indeed addictive!

I remember reading in a thread about watch movements for new hobbyists. It mentioned that for asia 7750 though it's automatic it's ok to wind it. I just want to confirm this so that I can wind my watch with ease as I don't want to end up with spoilt watches and have to send back for servicing etc.

If you wear your replica for 30 seconds, it'll be wound enough to set it. You don't need to wind it, but I have had no problems doing so.

And yes, I have quite a few replicas. Look at the "My Collection" link below my signature.

Glad to see a bunch here from the camp of no winders. I have 50+ reps and i never, NEVER machine wind them. put it on my wrist and after about ten minutes or wristtime, I adjust all the other gadgets.

I like to leave my chronos running, so I find that winding a 7750, at least initially, is better than simply relying on automatic wrist action to develop an adequate power reserve. And it was amazing to me as a newcomer how many winds a 7750 will take -- upwards of 20 to 50 turns, I find. A Lemania/Venus takes fewer. But you can pretty much tell when you've wound it enough.

With so many reps, most of them auto's, I would need a lot of winders.

For me it is the same as other members here, put them on, self starting, and or winding till spring is tight. If I had only a few auto's that I wore regularly I probably would keep them on a winder, couldn't hurt.

Glad to see a bunch here from the camp of no winders. I have 50+ reps and i never, NEVER machine wind them. put it on my wrist and after about ten minutes or wristtime, I adjust all the other gadgets.

Absolutely agree. I give them a gentle swirl, set date and time (in that order) and strap them on. I never wind my automatics.