When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

=o)

Will you "abandon" it my way? Great job as usual! If I can ever find the time, I may actually pester you for some help with my own mods.

Ask away, buddy! If I'm able to help, I'm more than happy to lend a hand :)

How did that date wheel fit so well the 2836, and the silver color ?

The 2836 came from another watch, and the datewheel was already fixed onto it. Unfortunately, the silver color is incorrect for this one- The datewheel should actually be white for a 16234 :) If you have the right datewheel (either genuine or overlay), then it's pretty easy to install- Simply line it up on the ETA datewheel and glue it on.

Ubi, do you have yellow date wheel overlay? iv been searching hi and low for ages, its the only peice i need to complete my frankenwatch

I don't have any yellow datewheels in my stock, but I can get a hold of a genuine yellow datewheel for a 3135 (clockwise rotation).

36217-39266.jpg

Hi! ofrei sells the datewheels. You can glue to the eta datewheel. Thats why ubi said in a previous post.

Ubi is a big asset for this community.

Can you tell us something about the spacer ring?

btw, when are you going to source an El Primero movement?

I am waiting Joe to finish a 16200 silver datejust. Hope he gets well

Regards,

Manuel

Can you tell us something about the spacer ring?

btw, when are you going to source an El Primero movement?

I am waiting Joe to finish a 16200 silver datejust. Hope he gets well

Manuel,

What would you like to know with regards to the spacer ring?

I'm still searching for a proper EP for my Daytona... I'm trying to hold out for a 31j movement, but I may just break down and get a 17j version instead. I'm getting tired of looking at an empty watchcase!

Please post pics of your 16200 when you get it back! Would love to see it!

Cheers,

R

i am excited about saying that i jumped on a mbw 1680. White letter dial.

I don´t know when the 16200 will arrive. i cant do anything but wait. now with the other on the fly, i don´t mind it all. :)

About the spacer ring..what diameter should it have? I know a street place where i can source 50 of them, but i need the right diameter.

17j means hand winding mechanism? lemania, poljot? will that movements fit into a daytona case?

Best regards to all.

el primero 400,

a guy from timezone grabbed a complete el primero 400 watch for the dime of 1500 usd at dubai duty free.

what would you buy then: a EP 400 or a bulgari diagono? :p

People say that zenith is strong at saudi countries and that everybody there love it.

With regards to the EP 400- There are two different variations that I've seen- 17j and 31j. Both are auto, and both would do the job for my 16520. The 17j seems to be the older iteration with the 31j having superceded that design. I believe both also beat at the rate of 36,000bph, which is one of my reasons for wanting the higher jewel count. I'm not well versed in the details of an El Primero, so if someone can correct or expand on the differences or information between the two different versions, I'd appreciate it :)

Slay- The Zenith in the auction is very nice, but a bit more than what I wanted to spend on a donor watch. I've seen watches with these movements sell for half or more than the one listed...

With regards to the EP 400- There are two different variations that I've seen- 17j and 31j. Both are auto, and both would do the job for my 16520. The 17j seems to be the older iteration with the 31j having superceded that design. I believe both also beat at the rate of 36,000bph, which is one of my reasons for wanting the higher jewel count. I'm not well versed in the details of an El Primero, so if someone can correct or expand on the differences or information between the two different versions, I'd appreciate it :)

Slay- The Zenith in the auction is very nice, but a bit more than what I wanted to spend on a donor watch. I've seen watches with these movements sell for half or more than the one listed...

I may not be following this properly...does this mean we have to spring $1500+ on a Zenith to power a Daytona franken and, further, that I've been wasting time bidding in all those Datron auctions? I thought the datron (which usually go for 875-1000) are the weapon of choice for frankentonas. No?

Either Primero will probably work, but I'm thinking the extra 14 jewels in the 31j version are there for a reason. Since manufacturers are only allowed to count functional jewels this leads me to believe that the 31j version may be the better, safer route to take. So, I'm holding out for one of those as my 16520 franken will be a keeper!

40292-38260.jpg