When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Is A Better Model?

alant

Hi dear all, I'm planning to get the Breitling Navitimer and I have two versions in mind. I would appreciate if you all could enlighten me which would be a better choice. And is it true those with subdials at 12-9-6 o'clock position is better than those with subdials at 3-6-9 o'clock position? And in terms of movement is the new asia 7750 at 28,800bph more reliable compared to the old one?

Ok here are the two choices:

1. Navitimer two tone edition (stainless steel and gold plated). The subdials are at 12-9-6 o'clock position with black dial and stick markers.

2. Navitimer similar to the one featured in the John Trovolta advertisement but with stainless steel strap. The subdials are also at 12-9-6 o'clock position with black dial and stick markers.

Thanks!

Hi dear all, I'm planning to get the Breitling Navitimer and I have two versions in mind. I would appreciate if you all could enlighten me which would be a better choice. And is it true those with subdials at 12-9-6 o'clock position is better than those with subdials at 3-6-9 o'clock position? And in terms of movement is the new asia 7750 at 28,800bph more reliable compared to the old one?

1. Navitimer two tone edition (stainless steel and gold plated). The subdials are at 12-9-6 o'clock position with black dial and stick markers.

2. Navitimer similar to the one featured in the John Trovolta advertisement but with stainless steel strap. The subdials are also at 12-9-6 o'clock position with black dial and stick markers.

Thanks!

I always liked the look of the 3-6-9 layout but when it comes to asian 7750's, I feel a little more comfortable with a 12-9-6 layout. The other one is usually modded to get that configuration like the Rolex Daytonas have. Either way the movements are pretty good except for that POS seconds @ 6 but lets not get into that ha ha ha.

My personal choice would be the stainless one with the 12-9-6. I'm not much of a two tone guy :victory:

Thanks!

With the Navitimer with sub dials at 12,9,6, you dont get the recessed date problem, and yes the newer asian movement is better than the older one.

I have both layouts, and I like the 12,9,6 two tone version more than the other stainless steel one I own with 3,6,9 layout. It looks particularly good on the leather strap.

With the Navitimer with sub dials at 12,9,6, you dont get the recessed date problem, and yes the newer asian movement is better than the older one.

I have both layouts, and I like the 12,9,6 two tone version more than the other stainless steel one I own with 3,6,9 layout. It looks particularly good on the leather strap.

haha the date on my Breitling Bentley chrono T rep is so recessed into the dial you can barely see it. All you see half the time is a shadow from the date window cutout way above the datewheel LOL LOL . Its definatly defferent from the Gen and first thing i look at on a good Breitling rep to see if its real or not. Its my #1 check point just like the crown guards on a Submariner :thumbs:

Cheers

Lonnie