When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie asks for opinion & advice - PAM 024

shredy

Hi All,

I'm new to Reps, and falled into the panerai trap... I read some of interisting posts about replica world and different movement from The Zigmeisterzumba. I just bought a pam024 submersible from taiwan, knowing it is not 1 of the best replica, looking quite as the original (after looking to several offers around) & not needed how to mention that i like this watch. It is an asian 7750. The seller replied when asking about the waterproofness (just 'basic'), and the movement 'ASian 7750 valjoux Auto mech').

First, I hope this is the most recent version of the movement... What is your opinion on the watch itself ? : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8928056323

Then, my second question to the experts : I understood, it would be advisable (by The Zigmeisterzumba) to 'service' the watch as soon as receive it, in order for the movement to last some time... But do you think I can go to the first watch service/store i found around the corner ? what are the reaction of professionals about replica's ? what kind of service should I ask for ?

Thanks a lot for your information, and your answers.

Is it useful to mention that I do not sell any kind of rep watch ?

PS : Do not hesitate to be honest about the watch... I can imagine that my first rep will be not the best choice... I just found your forum after i bought it. grr, I suppose you all know this rage to get it fast when you like it.

greetings !

36446-39224.jpg

Ok if that is the watch you received then overall you seem to have done not to bad.

Always ask if the watch repair place is willing to work on reps before taking them there.

Ken

I agree with what Ken said about you not getting a bad watch.

Before you try to find a local watch repairman you might want to check with the shop and see what they actually do there. If they are not a true watchsmith and are only a battery replacement technician they will most likely send the watch somewhere else to be repaired. With a 7750 movement you want someone who actually knows about mechanical watches. Then if they are truly a watchsmith and know how to work on mechanical movements then ask them how they feel about reps. When I lived in Colorado I just happened to find a real watchsmith who worked on watches himself and he would charge me for the service just like any other watch for repair. So, do a little research and it will all work out fine. ;)