When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

who knows this dealer?

daan

I've heard he's alright.

Anyhow, stick to our collectors instead.

With them, atleast you know you get what you're paying for.

Wow, great minds think alike. Or sneaky rep collectors' minds...

I was looking at this site earlier for a full hour, and decided not to buy a thing!

The only one which I'm interested in is his Hublot Big Bang Aspen, which I happened to post on another thread (by TeeJay, who ordered it for his 15 y/o niece, you might recall). If you check all his watches, they are truly substandard. The only one I would consider is the gold Breguet Tourbillon which coincidentally I purchased from a collector here, this Monday. He has it for less than half of what I paid, in gold as I had originally wanted it, but something tells me not to pull the trigger.

(Also saw your post about this guy's PAM 036, sssurfer. It was gone when I went)

HBB Aspen: http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=2668587

Breguet 1005: http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=2619465

Chronoswiss Opus: http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=2552390

I love how he starts all his auctions with "Very Rare". Yeah, very rarely correct. But hey, dead cheap.

I've heard he's alright.

Anyhow, stick to our collectors instead.

With them, atleast you know you get what you're paying for.

Now that is funny :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

With dealers here, there is absolutely no 'safety net' for purchasses, other than the support of other posters. Sure, the watches on CQout might not be in the Super Rep league, but at least there is an overall body which ensures good conduct.

For example.

Panerai 111. CQout purchase. Had a power reserve of about 1 hour. I sent a message to the dealer, and within 8 hours (overnight) had a response which included the return address, and a "That's no problem" response to the request to swap the watch for something totally different.

Omega X-33. 'Trusted Dealer' purchase. Faulty analogue movement. Caseback missing a faux-screw, so impossible for it to have been QCd. Have been trading emails for two weeks now trying to get the issue resolved. Dealer has finally agreed to try to get me a new movement to be shipped out. :rolleyes:

I think that pretty much speaks for itself :)

I exensively check all cqOut dealers on a regular time basis, and I'll stick to our collectors.

I bought (and I will buy again) from cqOut only in two cases:

1 - Items sold out or not available anymore from our collectors.

2 - Items unbelievably cheap.

About the latter ones, often those items unbelievably cheap are also unbelievably bad.

But occasionally it comes out a good deal -- what the heck, we are rep geeks and we are able to make sensate judgements on what is worth and what is not!

Anyway, coeteris paribus, 80% of the items are less expensive from our collecors than from cqOut.

My mother was in contact with one of our esteemed collectors last night, and he said the HBB Aspen is being researched. If there is interest, they will rep it.

Just to let you know, they were/are the hottest watches in Ibiza this summer, with everyone there and in the South of France seemingly wearing one. The collector later replied that Hublots are very popular in Spain. Ah.

Anyway, coeteris paribus, 80% of the items are less expensive from our collecors than from cqOut.

Caecilius est in horto.

Caecilius est in horto.

Et quod facet Caecilius in horto?

I exensively check all cqOut dealers on a regular time basis, and I'll stick to our collectors.

I bought (and I will buy again) from cqOut only in two cases:

About the latter ones, often those items unbelievably cheap are also unbelievably bad.

But occasionally it comes out a good deal -- what the heck, we are rep geeks and we are able to make sensate judgements on what is worth and what is not!

And yet you left this feedback for Tony only a few days ago...

This was my 5th purchase from Tony, and always with 100% satisfaction. Items exactly as described, perfectly working, prompt and friendly communications, very fast and safe shipping. Cannot recommend anyone more than Tony.

Trying to 'hide the shame' of secretly being a CQout buyer? ;)

And yet you left this feedback for Tony only a few days ago...

:p

TeeJay, loved what you wrote elsewhere, if you know what I mean. ;)

And actually I haven't been able to get a peep out of Tony YET, so no payment has been effected. If he doesn't answer soon, rolli or one of the other members I've contacted with bids, will get my money...

I hate quoting myself, but I never made any attempts to keep it secret:

I actually got 4 brown dial 203s (and some other items) from Tony and never had any issues.

That model is no more available from 'our' collectors and that is the only reason why I did not get it from them.

-------------------

Eheu! Canis latrat in via. ;(

Eheu! Credebam canem in mensa latrare, atque Metellam in via stare...

Hi SSurfer !

I knew you were italiano, didn't think you lived in Vatican City :lol:

Hi Pix! :group:

Me, italiano? Vatican City?!? :blink:

Not at all. I hate soccer. :) And I'm even an atheist. :lol:

:p

TeeJay, loved what you wrote elsewhere, if you know what I mean. ;)

To be hoenst, I don't know what you mean :D I write many things :D

And actually I haven't been able to get a peep out of Tony YET, so no payment has been effected. If he doesn't answer soon, rolli or one of the other members I've contacted with bids, will get my money...

Did you use the direct payment option? I've always done that, so that may well be why you haven't heard anything from him... I'm not sure how you'd go about cancelling an order, as the site is as binding to pay, as eBay would be... I'm sure everything will work itself out :) I trust Tony 100%

I hate quoting myself, but I never made any attempts to keep it secret:

-------------------

Eheu! Credebam canem in mensa latrare, atque Metellam in via stare...

I was joking, I just thought it was a bit mean to leave feedback saying you highly rate Tony, but then post here that you'd only consider CQout as a last resort. Given the state of deals I've seen others complain about on the forums from the 'trusted collectors', and because I don't care about 100% accuracy, because I don't want to try and pass the watches off as genuine, I'd rather stick with CQout. At least I know if there's a problem, there are structures in place to correct the issue. All there is here, is support from the other posters, which, in terms of actually making the dealer make right on a deal, doesn't actually have any effect at all...

:)

I was joking, I just thought it was a bit mean to leave feedback saying you highly rate Tony, but then post here that you'd only consider CQout as a last resort. Given the state of deals I've seen others complain about on the forums from the 'trusted collectors', and because I don't care about 100% accuracy, because I don't want to try and pass the watches off as genuine, I'd rather stick with CQout. At least I know if there's a problem, there are structures in place to correct the issue. All there is here, is support from the other posters, which, in terms of actually making the dealer make right on a deal, doesn't actually have any effect at all...

Got the point, and I see your reasons.

Just, when I recommend a dealer I'm doing it on an individual basis, not in comparison with other possible dealers. 100% of my transactions with Tony were flawless, therefore I left positive feedbacks for him. Still, his prices are often higher then those of 'our' collectors. And I had first-hand experiences on how great is the after-buy service by Josh, Andrew and Narikaa, so I'll stick to them when the price is about the same (or even just a little higher).

I also have doubts about what protection cqOut gives the buyer. To me, it looks more like just a place to get in contact with the dealers.

Got the point, and I see your reasons.

Just, when I recommend a dealer I'm doing it on an individual basis, not in comparison with other possible dealers. 100% of my transactions with Tony were flawless, therefore I left positive feedbacks for him. Still, his prices are often higher then those of 'our' collectors. And I had first-hand experiences on how great is the after-buy service by Josh, Andrew and Narikaa, so I'll stick to them when the price is about the same (or even just a little higher).

I also have doubts about what protection cqOut gives the buyer. To me, it looks more like just a place to get in contact with the dealers.

Yes, some of the watches are more expensive, particularky some of the Super Reps. For example, one dealer is selling the Breitling SFSO for twice what Andrew is selling it for. That said, more 'basic' watches like Omegas, Pams and Rolexes, the prices are certainly comparable, if not cheaper.

I'd say the protection offered by CQout and LoudFrog is likely very real. If someone were to be so upset about a deal that they chose to go to litigation over it, had the site not done anything about it, they could be sued as well, as 'conspirators' and 'facilitators'. It's simply not worth their while to refuse to take action against a dealer. The dealer who I'd planned to buy theVC Overseas from, for example, had their sale pulled by the Auction Master, (and for no reason that I could see), so that's them down

Nice to read your positive experience with Tony's afterbuying customer care.

But I keep my reservations about cqOut's customer protection.

Nice to read your positive experience with Tony's afterbuying customer care.

But I keep my reservations about cqOut's customer protection.

What can I say.... Tony has always behaved in an extremely pleasant and professional manner, in all aspects of our dealings, and, it was nice to see that when things hadn't gone quite as planned, he lived up to his promises to return a product, rather than some dealers people have mentioned, who simply stop acknowledging emails... Absolutely top guy, I'd recommend him anytime :)

Bad news:

all these brands below are not allowed to list on cqout anymore:

A.Lange-Sohne

Baume-Mercier

Cartier

IWC

Jaeger-Lecoultre

Montblanc

Panerai

Piaget

Vacheron-Constantin

Guest samir
Bad news:

all these brands below are not allowed to list on cqout anymore:

A.Lange-Sohne

Baume-Mercier

Cartier

IWC

Jaeger-Lecoultre

Montblanc

Panerai

Piaget

Vacheron-Constantin

also Dunhill

all Richemont products, all are banned unless authentic or claiming authenticity

whilst on the subject of CQout, its my belief that someone knows what they are doing over there, i see no contoversy over Bell & Ross claiming to be 2892 listed, nor any asian 7750 claiming to be Swiss like you see on other sites that list replicas. in fact i often see sellers like Tonyxkf listing in other sites like i-offer and other auctions using the same pictures and descriptions but they have miraculously become swiss in the transfer and are listed at a higher price. take this example: http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i:Breitlin...White:213426962 here its Swiss then on Cqout its an Asian 7750 http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=2431057 SAME WATCH, SAME PICTURE. MORE MONEY this is a common thread throughout his and other sellers auctions that advertise elswhere. it tells me that the sellers are being dishonest when they can get away with it, so in my opinion somebody is mediating the replica section over there and making sure that although they are listing replicas at least they are being made to do so honestly. also the ratings system is very severe, i am told that 3 negatives and your gone, no excuses. even less negs for a big deception. they take it very seriously over there, i remember reading on a watch forum once that Narikaa reported he was told to list it ''as a replica if it was a replica'' so if anyone has any questions about Cqout they should be sent to him, he is a regular over there . i for one am i regular looker and infrequent buyer and like it a lot, i pay by securepay (their own escrow service, sellers have to accept it as a payment option to be able to list) and if i don't like it when it arrives or its not as described i get my money back. its certainly beats paypal clawbacks and the fuss i see that causes with dealers over here when someone even whispers clawback. as for executivewatches, i have bought from him and he was ok, a bit pricier than most but his service and communications are second to none. thats it, just my five penneth for you lot to to tear into