When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Something about PAM029....

sexypapa

Just received my PAM029 this morning, it is a good watch and looks stunning. The price is unbeatable, too.

Somehow, there are three things that caught my eye:

1.) the 24-hour engraved bezel and the indexes of the tuxedo dial are slightly mis-aligned, from 3 to 12.

it is not a big flaw, but bugs me.

2.) the GMT hand is independently settable, but the space in between hours is so small I somewhat feel it is not point to the right position.

3.) it says " L SWISS MADE L", not ' T SWISS MADE T" like the gen.

Does anyone who has this watch has the same things like mine? Or, it is just mine?

Any feedback with be appreciated....

Just received my PAM029 this morning, it is a good watch and looks stunning. The price is unbeatable, too.

Somehow, there are three things that caught my eye:

1.) the 24-hour engraved bezel and the indexes of the tuxedo dial are slightly mis-aligned, from 3 to 12.

it is not a big flaw, but bugs me.

2.) the GMT hand is independently settable, but the space in between hours is so small I somewhat feel it is not point to the right position.

3.) it says " L SWISS MADE L", not ' T SWISS MADE T" like the gen.

Does anyone who has this watch has the same things like mine? Or, it is just mine?

Any feedback with be appreciated....

I got mine from Joshua or King - I forget which. The engraving seems very straight to me, and the GMT hand seems to adjust fine. I like to set it to the twelve or 6 position and then set the watch.

Mine does say "L" rather than "T" -- but I had to see it with a loop.

It is a very nice watch, keeps great time and tested to be perfectly watertight to 4ATM. I can live with the "L"

Bill

i have the asian 21j PAM 029...

1.i haven't noticed that ( right now i am on work and wearing my pam212 so i cannot check it)

2.my GMT hand is adjusting just fine

3.my says L SWISS L....and even if it was wrong....i don't give a s***

don't look at the flaws...the watch is just a rep...wear it for what it is ..... A REP!

There were certainly L and T dial versions of the PAM 28 and 28a Power reserves which were also 1998 models. If an A caseback (as the rep PAM 28) then definitely a T dial, but a B casebck would fit with both dials.

The OP numbers do not seem to follow any particular pattern - I know that the PAM004 has three different OP numbers. One of the gen forums has detailed tables listing all the OP numbers taken from records and gen watches - find it here: http://www.clubpanerai.com/index.asp?notizia=385&codice=15