When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help needed: how to remove this ETA movement

vmena

I've got this old Sandoz with an ETA 2824-2 and I'm trying to remove the movement but when I try to unscrew the screws you see red rounded, the turn half way to right and half way to left. Am I doing the right thing or i should go in a different way? Thanks for your help!

281737-11001.jpg

281737-11002.jpg

281737-11003.jpg

I've got this old Sandoz with an ETA 2824-2 and I'm trying to remove the movement but when I try to unscrew the screws you see red rounded, the turn half way to right and half way to left. Am I doing the right thing or i should go in a different way? Thanks for your help!

Can you show us the front of the watch? :D

Oli is correct, is the same assembly like rolex, the only way is to screw in both screws, turn the movement till the first screw will be aligned with the stem and unscrew it, continue turning the movement untill the second screw is aligned too and repeat the tip. Easy.

Just on a similar point the movement holder in the Silix PO uses the same method, but i would saythat it does not hold as positive as in that one as the screw have to be angled out to the side as you wind them out to ensure that they catch in the retaining ring and hold it all in the right place.

I think its simply a case of the movement screw being screwed in too far/much. the movement screw should press on the movement holder to hold the dial/mobvement in place, just like a lot of our reps but in your photo the screw head is sitting under the movement holder.

I think what oliver said will work though. Rotate everything until you can expose the screw head and then unscrew the screw completely and it should come out.

I think its simply a case of the movement screw being screwed in too far/much. the movement screw should press on the movement holder to hold the dial/mobvement in place, just like a lot of our reps but in your photo the screw head is sitting under the movement holder.

Think about what you just said for a second. How would the screws being on the outside hold the movement in? :Jumpy:

Think about what you just said for a second. How would the screws being on the outside hold the movement in? :Jumpy:

Point taken, however i have come across a few reps where the screws have been on the outside on the movement holder. I suppose its the quality issue with reps