When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Something in my head; Is it worth we do it?

rckh

I should / I must fine tune my attitude in collecting reps, otherwise I'll get more suffer than happiness!

Drat. I forgot another psychological analysis point:

- Some of us have social anxiety disorder, which makes us live in sheer terror that we'll be called out by either a jeweler, or an AD for wearing a replica watch. Most of the time, we keep this in check and go to unusual lengths to make our reps look genuine, but we all know it's a matter of time, place, and the worst opportunity imaginable. But there are times when we fly very close to the wind, and almost dare people to do so (like entering AD shops, or going to a party wearing a $80,000 watch, where people know we couldn't possibly afford that).

Let's call this the The Zigmeister Disorder or Flavor Flav Syndrome. :lol:

Been here since early this year, I gotta say, it's rare the day I don't open up my browser and direct it to these here forums. I'm no expert but in my own little world I feel like one, becasue of all the great info I have picked up from people like The Zigmeister, Pug By-Tor damnit and the rest of the great ones.

i want to thank you all, specially those who I didn't name. ANd this weekand when i'm at my local pub with my buddies, i'll make sure to raise one up for all of you.

Cheers to you all!!

I enjoy collecting reps and find it to be very stimulating hobby. Pugwash eloquently expressed a number of the same points I also feel. I would not say I am a rich person by any means, but I do well and could afford a collection of gens if it was something I wanted to do. Sure there arer flaws in the watches we buy, but hey, everthing in life has flaws, big deal. This hobby of ours is most enjoyable and rewarding to me on many levels. The comaraderie here and with my fellow rep collectors who I have introduced to this play a large part of the allure.

Life is short and if there is something in it that you want that is reasonable to attain, then by all means pursue it and don't look back with regret. It's only money. :victory:

Drat. I forgot another psychological analysis point:

- Some of us have social anxiety disorder, which makes us live in sheer terror that we'll be called out by either a jeweler, or an AD for wearing a replica watch. Most of the time, we keep this in check and go to unusual lengths to make our reps look genuine, but we all know it's a matter of time, place, and the worst opportunity imaginable. But there are times when we fly very close to the wind, and almost dare people to do so (like entering AD shops, or going to a party wearing a $80,000 watch, where people know we couldn't possibly afford that).

Let's call this the The Zigmeister Disorder or Flavor Flav Syndrome. :lol:

Ha! I think a very simple word can replace all the analysis point: "Crazy"

Yes, We have crazy!

Best Regards,

Raymond

I'd say that it's definitley worth it, as it gives us an interest, gives us goals to strive for (whatever they may be) and ultimately, because it gives us pleasure...

Indeed, I'm not swimming in cash, but neither am I begging for change, but I've now got a collection of nice watches, which is something that's always interested me. I have a watch which I wanted for about 10 years. Yet now I own it, I have found there are better watches available (in my opinion) and I never wear it anymore... Even if I won the lotto I wouldn't replace every watch in my collection with gens, as I just don't think they're worth the price tag. As much as I love spending money, and as much as I am '[censored] rich', at my core, I am essentially a penny-pinching scrooge and will not pay a penny more for something, over what I perceive it's actual worth to be... Given I have an