When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PVD Skeleton

chris5264

I picked up this PVD case from Tourby (thanks) and actually had it set for another project, but had some time so I thought I'd toss in my skeleton movement. Instantly, I thought this was a great match. I think having the polished finish lets this work with the movement and the hands, which are more sport than dress. Anyway, let me know what you think

I know what you mean about the hands also i would say they are a bit short too. You would need some hands that contrast nicely with the case and the movement, with the black and the gold i dont know what, would blue breget hands look too odd?

Thanks!, I had a bit too much wine last night and fell asleep with it on, I still can't stop staring at it. I keep thinking I've seen something like it somewhere else, but can't place it.

I know what you mean about the hands also i would say they are a bit short too. You would need some hands that contrast nicely with the case and the movement, with the black and the gold i dont know what, would blue breget hands look too odd?

I have some blue Breget hands coming soon, so I will at least give it a try. The only thing is that with a skeleton the hands can be tricky. My method is to actually file down the small edge on the minute hand (right below the hole there is a small extension to give the hand more support on the pin). The problem is that this extension creates extra space that lets the hour wheel move if the watch is upside down. I file this off and put the minute hand lower so it holds it down. I don't have it perfected and I've messed up a few pairs of hands, I would really hate to distroy a nice blued set of breget hands, but I'll at least see what it looks like. I might also just use some basic black hands without lum.

THAT IS AWESOME i love it. NICE WORK

maybe i need to check into that. did you get the movement from tourby as well?

Thanks, yes, the movement is from tourby but I got it a while ago. I bet a skeleton PVD movement would look pretty good with this case.