When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 case to fit Gen 1570

1665fan

Hello,

I'm looking for a case that fits a gen 1570.

I read the thread about the modded MBW case, and I know that a 1570 will fit in it.

But I'm searching for a case that is even better than the MBW.

It must have a correct gas escape valve, like the one RiverwindMBS sold here

some day s ago for 2800 dollar. And it should have the milled crease around the

bottom. Do you know what I mean? It's difficult to explain for me, but the gen Rolex

have a crease at the bottom.

If possible the case should already fitted with a gen tube, crown, crystal and gas escape valve.

If anybody knows something about such a case and where to buy it, please let me know and

write me a PM or add alink in that thread!

Regards

Chris

Hello,

I'm looking for a case that fits a gen 1570.

I read the thread about the modded MBW case, and I know that a 1570 will fit in it.

But I'm searching for a case that is even better than the MBW.

It must have a correct gas escape valve, like the one RiverwindMBS sold here

some day s ago for 2800 dollar. And it should have the milled crease around the

bottom. Do you know what I mean? It's difficult to explain for me, but the gen Rolex

have a crease at the bottom.

If possible the case should already fitted with a gen tube, crown, crystal and gas escape valve.

If anybody knows something about such a case and where to buy it, please let me know and

write me a PM or add alink in that thread!

Regards

Chris

Chris,

You might check this out 1665, he sells the case kit alone or assembles the piece for you and you supply the mvmt, but it's not cheap. Someone on the forums here must have bought one of these, I don't recall any reviews though, but I do remember reading that it's more accurate than an MBW.

They have some interesting items for sure.

Keep us posted if you pull the trigger.

-TMG

Thank you! I already know that dealer.

My problem is that he doesn't sent me the

pictures I asked him for....one of the back and the

gas escape valve.

Second problem, the custom, because the german

custom is very strict, and I don't know if they will let

it go through or catch it...

So if anyone has such a case in the EU, I will buy it instantly!

I guess that wasn't much help then, good luck on your quest :(

Sure it was a good help! Now I know that the dealer semms to be

trustworthy! The problems with the pics and the custom is not yours,

so thank you very much for your help! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If anyone knows something about such cases in the EU... :whistling:

Sorry but I really don't get why you want to spend a couple of grand on a case that is "slightly more accurate" than MBW/WM, when for the same money you can buy a reclaimed c.1570 PLUS an MBW 1665, PLUS still have change for some case mods. As you know, the movt will drop straight in without much trouble.

Each to their own I guess..... :huh:

The problem with the MBW case is the Gas escape valve and the

crease at the bottom.

I will add a pic where you can see what I mean!

283566-9908.jpg

Can you see the crease (or however it's called in english, I really don't know) around the case back?

Thats like at a gen Rolex case, and the MBWs don't have it. If I'm wrong please correct me!!

1665fan -- Actually, the MBW cases do have the crease, but it is not as pronounced (deep). I think you have two choices - buy a gen case or modify an MBW (or another case). No rep part is going to be exactly (100%) the same as the gen part.

I don't think he's hearing us Freddy, just those 'voices' ^_^

1665fan - I know the crease, I'm looking at it right now as Freddy has correctly pointed out. My original point was that the MBW case can be easily modded - Oli/Repaustria has done wonders with the He valve, and there's been lots of attempts to recreate the stamped-look of the gen caseback.

Honestly, I'd love to get my mitts on these super-accurate vintage cases as much as you - they do exist just a matter of tracking them down without parting with a couple of grand for the privilege <_<

A couple of years ago I got the DRSD from Paul. Surprisingly, it has a genuine working HE valve in it. In fact, it looks like an exact copy of the original Rolex HE valve, like in freddy's Rolex patent drawing. This case is 37.5mm, not 40 as stated in the description, decent plastic crystal, so-so bezel insert. Whether or not you'd be able to fit a 1575 movt in there, I don't know. All I've done with the watch is trim the cg's, drill the lug holes and grease the o-rings. I don't particularly like the yellow markers on the dial- just a little too yellow for me. And a good pearl would help.

http://www.pam111.com/product_info.php?cPa...;products_id=44

Alligoat -- The He valve in my DRSD came from the same watch, but I got mine from either Josh or Andrew (the same case has been around for a few years). There are actually a few different Subs and Seadwellers that use that same case. Unfortunately, the only thing I found useful is the He valve. The rest of the case has too many problems (does not easily accept gen parts, difficult/impossible to remove bezel/insert without damage, etc.) to be useful for serious modding.

Hi,

could you guys you tell me what a god price for a

Case, dial, hands, gen crystal, gen tube and crown

would be?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

I built one a few years back, mine has a MBW case and more or less everything else in genuine. If I recall I spent about $2800 us on it.

post-33-1185338687_thumb.jpg

post-33-1185338711_thumb.jpg

Damn, Chris,

And Saabin built his watch two years ago. You're basically back to square one. Buy a case from Jewelry and Watch for $1450.00, dial at $250, set of hands for $99.00 and add a movement for say a grand and you've got $2800.00. But when you consider that a true 1665 red would run 10K and up- one sold on ebay this year for $24,000- what else can you do? If you're serious, you have to budget $3K for a project like this.

http://www.jewelryandwatch.com/

Your only other viable options are to buy an MBW case and add all of the other parts and install your own HE valve, or....

go to Viet Nam and source your own 1665 parts.

Can't you just pay the duty (tax) on it?

I could, when they tell me everything is ok with the watch.

But how declare the value? Tell them it's a rep, and the value is only

2500dollar, then they will confiscate it.

Tell them it's a gen, and they will give me 20% tax on a value

of a gen, whats nearly 18000dollar like you surely know.

What should I do? :rolleyes: