When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chopard Mille Miglia GMT

Guest Sql_pl

Oh and I forgot to add one more thing!

You will be all surprised.

Do you remember our forum members reporting problems with jerky GT XL 7750 sec hands?

Guess what?

Genuine does exactly same thing!

It looks almost like a damn quartz!

I was surprised to see this.

haha nice! was ola there with u? :p.. anyway did you check out the IWC 3717 pilot? how is that compared to the rep? and how does ur CD compared to the gen?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sql_pl

Yes, of course Ola was there with me.

Too bad I did not take any pics while we were there at the AD.

But if it is not too OT I can post some pics from our way back home :)

She just loves to drive so she was our driver for all the way back to Lublin wearing her Seatimer.

I could relax in the passenger seat and take some pics for you :)

285878-8567.jpg

285878-8568.jpg

285878-8569.jpg

285878-8570.jpg

285878-8571.jpg

285878-8572.jpg

Cheers!

Good to hear the people at the AD didn't see that your CD isn't genuine... i had mine on my wrist last time as well and here they also didn't see. I do have some doubts about the immense AR blue hue the crystal has... i have never seen the genuine so i don't know if the gen also has this blue AR hue...

Somebody has an idea about this AR hue on the gen???

PS. i wouldn't mind more pictures of Ola showing your watch (or leave the watches out) :D

Yes, the racing strap is a great idea.

287044-7862.jpg

I think I also need to get myself a racing strap but it will probably be a black one from Hirsch.

Cheers!

looks awesome on the racing strap.... I'm considering to get one for my GT XL now as well....

Anybody knows where to get these?

If you think it's this one, there might be an issue when re-using the CHOPARD deployant buckle... http://www.watchband.de/

The rep strap + buckle expect a 22 mm size at the buckle fix as well... or are you considering to replace the buckle at the same time?

Furthermore the 3 lugholes on the gen are all same size, where the Hirsch has 3 different sizes....

287087-7854.jpg

Guest Sql_pl

Yup he sells watches.

Actually all the watches pictured in this thread are from him.

- Chopard GMT

- IWC Cousteau Divers

- Cartier Pasha Seatimer

He is a great dealer. Highly recommended.

I've sourced my Chopard through Angel & Jay. Also great service and never let me down...

The GMT Chrono can be found at http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1810 for 285$

The GT XL was no more than 75$ (!!) and can be found at http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1762

All other Chopards are featured on http://www.silix-prime.com/cat.asp?catid=125

Edited by erwinner

Where'd you get this pic of the gen with TACHOMETER instead of TACHYMETER....? That really bugs me, but I have heard (read) that some gens do have that spelling...

BTW, I got this one anyway, white with black dials... beautiful, but:

1. The rehaut is shallow I think, and

2. The top pusher fell off after I had it for one day... very disappointing... Joshua volunteered for me to send it back to China, but I think I'll just ask The Zigmeister to fix it...

But, it really is a beautiful watch! Guess I am just a little put out about the pusher and that I can't wear it til it gets to and back from The Zigmeister (OCTOBER/NOVEMBER)!

Oh and here is a comparison with the gen... I really believe this is one of the closest reps out of the box:

GEN:

290506-5782.jpg

REP:

290506-5783.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Still waiting for my white on white one from Jay...

So how's the GMT function doing so far, Sql_pl? :D

Mine has worked great every sense getting mine back from The Zigmeister. The Zigmeister says there's no reason to think the gmt would stress it out.

That said, mine was a disaster until The Zigmeister fixed it.

Good luck. Love mine now.

• 3 months later...
Check the review section for info on TWP. He has had some ups and downs and is not currently listed in our Collectors section.

The Chopard GMTs are available from a number of dealers. Check their Web sites and reviews.

Cheers.

Thanks! I'm just trying to be careful, especially with over 300$ it has to be rather good.

• 1 month later...
Mine has worked great every sense getting mine back from The Zigmeister. The Zigmeister says there's no reason to think the gmt would stress it out.

That said, mine was a disaster until The Zigmeister fixed it.

Good luck. Love mine now.

Would you care to elaborate on "disaster"

Would you care to elaborate on "disaster"

It had a manufacturing defect... or several. Easy one, the c-clip on the chrono pusher was missing, so the pusher just fell off. Hard one-- took The Zigmeister a few days to diagnose-- it just wouldnt keep time... lose 10 mins one day, then nothing the next... nutty. Not sure what it was but The Zigmeister fixed it, and now it runs great. That's all.

My GMT went to The Zigmeister as well.

A problem that he struggled with and could not fix completely was the GMT setting function. When you set the GMT hand, the gear frequently slips. So setting the GMT takes a small bit of patience and a smaller amount of finesse.

The problem is that the 7750 was not originally designed to support the GMT function. Once set, however, the GMT hand tracks perfectly, so I only had to adjust the GMT hand once since it returned from The Zigmeister's workshop. This is not a problem for me in that I keep my GMT hand at +8 from my local time.

I also have several other GMT watches that do not have this adjustment issue.

Time keeping accuracy on this watch is excellent, by the way.

• 2 months later...
Hi,

where did you get this watch from?

i am really looking forward to get the same with rubber strap. Maybe getting the additional strap so to change fro time to time. Could you tell me who was your seller?

Mine came from Joshua.