When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Tag Heuer Calibre 6

P4GTR

A buddy of mine picked up a Tag Heuer Calibre6 about 3 months ago, for $2000. He has come into some hard times. He wants to sell me the watch for $800.

I'd like some feedback on this situation. That is a whole lot of money for me to spend right now.

Is this a deal I should NOT let pass me by? Will this watch retain close to its original value for some time? What does this watch normally sell for used?

Please reply as I need to make a decision semi-quickly.

Watch-

284430-9440.jpg

If you're not taking it, I'll have it :whistling:

Not sure what the street value is for this model second hand Carrera, check the Bay for reference. Tag's do tend to depreciate quickly depending on model. Monaco's, Monza's and Carrera's from the Heuer era will hold their value a little longer than the 'modern' models.

If it looks good and fits your wallet, go for it, it's a great watch.. ... Or....... don't spend $800 on an excellent genuine Tag but on a gold plated Hublot Big Bang with a questionable (read:crappy) movement and other undocumented quality issue's :rolleyes:

A buddy of mine picked up a Tag Heuer Calibre6 about 3 months ago, for $2000. He has come into some hard times. He wants to sell me the watch for $800.

I'd like some feedback on this situation. That is a whole lot of money for me to spend right now.

Is this a deal I should NOT let pass me by? Will this watch retain close to its original value for some time? What does this watch normally sell for used?

Please reply as I need to make a decision semi-quickly.

Watch-

284437-9433.jpg

My .02

I've been looking at purchasing a Tag for years.....I've found you can get almost 45% or so OFF RETAIL price, IF you know someone who works at 1) a jewelry store, 2) department store that sells jewelry

I knew someone who worked at Macy's and I was looking at a Tag Carerra (the plain one) retail is like 1500? or so i was gonna pick it up for 800.

I also looked at the Tag Link Chrono Tiger Woods watch $3600msrp, it was like 1300.00

just a heads up, all that said i think thats a great price for a watch if you want to help your friend out, like the watch, its in good condition, and dont have access to someone who works at a jewelry store.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...