When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex and Omega Widescreen Wallpapers "Diving Buddies"

NaviChief

As part of my evolving watch photography love, I recently figured out some better editing program skills. So I came up with these....and trust me, there will be more coming!

They are in 1680x1050 resolution, if you can't figure out how to make it look good on your monitor, let me know and I will try to adjust the size for you.

As an added discussion in line with the theme of the shoot.....

In your opinion, will the genuine PO have the same lasting impact and popularity as the Submariner has enjoyed?

286010-8505.jpg

286010-8506.jpg

286010-8507.jpg

286010-8508.jpg

Edited by chief3630

truth be told, I think Omega will soon surpass Rolex as the 'rep of choice'

...due to numerous reasons

-it looks sexy :thumbsupsmileyanim: (then again so does the sub)

-oversaturation of the Rolex sub (check that thread of the guy vacationing and nobody even looks at a rolex anymore)

-Rolex 'image' being that for the older generation

-Omega having a younger more hip image

etc etc.. ultimately I think that Omega's hit a gold mine with the Planet Ocean line.. so yea, we all win in the end :victory: competition is good for the 'consumer'

I think the question was about gens and not reps, every one knows the Sub but not as many know of omega. They have great advertising but the sub is sooo well known. Just like a lot of things Every one that that rides a harley and has a patch on his back is a hells Angle the the general public!

Excellent pictures. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

In your opinion, will the genuine PO have the same lasting impact and popularity as the Submariner has enjoyed?

No. The Sub has a 50-year head-start. That's impossible to beat.

Sure, one year it's possible for the Omega to outsell the Rolex, but even then it'll have a few decades of catching up to do.

Well, if I follow my own experience, no way Omega can beat Subs.

I started loving a 16610, then discovered 1680, then went to 1665, now looking at 5513/12...

As Pug said, a piece of history.

The other factor is price: Omega (PO or whatever) is way to affordable to become a dream to fullfil.

Owning a 10K SeaDweller is a dream and yet can be achieved.

Cheers

Stephane

Thanks for the compliment Pug!

Interesting answers to the question. I agree that the PO can never catch up to the sub. I kinda doubt the sub will ever be widely labeled as "for old folks" though....now the datejust, thats a different story. Even if sales do dip on the sub for awhile, I'm sure another generation of wealth will come along and dig it up for it's classic coolness. The idea for the question came from a comment awhile back on how the PO is creeping into the young professional offices where everyone used to have to have a Rolex to be "in" with the crowd.