When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Case Back Tool - why won't it work

TJGladeRaider

The generic version I bought from ebay worked fine on both the ladies dj and exp2 I have. Would yours work if you put more downward force on the bit when you were turning?

It will - sort of, but the teeth don't really engage and it wants to slip. I'm pretty stout, so I figure that if I cannot press it hard enough to grip, something is wrong.

All I've actually got is like friction on the tips of the teeth.

Bill

Well I have seen these replica Bergeon openers where they will work on one watch, and not engage fully on another.Don't forget also you are dealing with a replica watch as well- the case back may not be correct!!

So its worth checking it against a gen, or another rep.

But, unfortunately these openers have a sad history.

Also be very careful if you decide to buy another set, some of those out of HK & Singapore marked Bergeon, are nothing more than Indian manufactured in fake Bergeon boxes!

Caveat Emptor.

offshore

Guest leonado

The no-name openers all have that problem that the 29,5 is just a hair too small...

I bought a genuine Bergeon 29,5 socket for 20 Euro and am using it with the no-name wrench...works great.

To be had at www.uhrenwerkzeug.de

L

I bought a Rolex type case back tool on E-Bay and it came with a variety of serrated sockets. The largest, a "No.5" that is supposed to be "29.50" seems to be a hair too small. It does not seem to want to properly engage the teeth on the case back.

Any ideas?

Bill

Thank God I have been having the same problem and felt like a dolt!!! :Jumpy: