When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Understated, or Over-rated...

TeeJay

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest with you, i wished all subs had a maxi dial. it is so much easier to read, or maybe i am just getting old and blind!!! lol

From a visibility PoV, I totally agree with you. Infact, I was tempted to buy an LV Sub for my GMT Submariner project, as that would give a more visible dial, but, as I plan on using the 'left over' Submariner to convert to a Tudor, I didn't want the hassle of swapping the bezel insert for a black one :D

Nice review, I actually found a review of VC's design interesting...after all, even though we collect reps our decisions are based asmuch on the design of the gen as the accuracyof therep.Personally, I think VC has struck a perfect balance between dress and sport making for a very versitile watch.I wish they would suplly a croc strap alongw/the bracelet to makeit even more useful as a dress watch--bracelets just don't cut it w/ a suit in DC.

From a visibility PoV, I totally agree with you. Infact, I was tempted to buy an LV Sub for my GMT Submariner project, as that would give a more visible dial, but, as I plan on using the 'left over' Submariner to convert to a Tudor, I didn't want the hassle of swapping the bezel insert for a black one :D

i just read your sig, we have ALLOT in common.

i hope you enjoy your vc, it is a stunning watch and i certainly do want one in the future. it will be 2 or 3 watches from now but i am sure there will be one in my collection before it is over.

wear it well man, its beautiful.

hk

• 2 weeks later...
Nice review, I actually found a review of VC's design interesting...after all, even though we collect reps our decisions are based asmuch on the design of the gen as the accuracyof therep.Personally, I think VC has struck a perfect balance between dress and sport making for a very versitile watch.I wish they would suplly a croc strap alongw/the bracelet to makeit even more useful as a dress watch--bracelets just don't cut it w/ a suit in DC.

Thanks, I wanted to do the review purely on it as 'a watch', rather than regards to it being genuine or replica. Although I'm not personally so keen on the VCO, I quite agree with your opinion that it is a perfect balance between dress and sports wear, and it is indeed a very versatile watch...

With regards to a croc strap, I found buying a 24mm leather strap, then cutting notches out of the end, made for a good fit in the VCO case. The one thing I would recommend, is getting a Sharpie in the color of the strap so you can color over the cut ends (which otherwise look terrible) Personal taste asside, it did look very nice on the leather strap :)

i just read your sig, we have ALLOT in common.

i hope you enjoy your vc, it is a stunning watch and i certainly do want one in the future. it will be 2 or 3 watches from now but i am sure there will be one in my collection before it is over.

wear it well man, its beautiful.

hk

Sorry for the delay. The VC Overseas is no longer in my posession as I just couldn't tollerate wearing it. If the Overseas is a design you like, I would suggest also having a look at the Audemars Pigeot Royal Oak. I got one a week ago for my best friend's birthday in a few months, and, although it's a little small for my personal taste, the watch is really nice to wear. Interestingly, it has the same style of case as the VCO, but, when I wore it for a day to 'field test' it, I didn't get the "getitoffgetitoffgetitoff" feeling I had everytime I put on the VCO... Might be because it had a black dial, I'm really not sure, but either way, I'd certainly suggest it for consideration :)

Good review TeeJay. Very informative comments. I've got the black dial version and really enjoy it. Regardless of the few flaws, it is a beautifully designed watch on it's own merits. I also have the Royal Oak (wempe version on a black strap) which is a verrry nice watch. For me, the VC is more attractive because of the stunning bracelet and dial.

To each his own.......but, as a rep, this is a stunning comparison to the real deal.

Good review TeeJay. Very informative comments. I've got the black dial version and really enjoy it. Regardless of the few flaws, it is a beautifully designed watch on it's own merits. I also have the Royal Oak (wempe version on a black strap) which is a verrry nice watch. For me, the VC is more attractive because of the stunning bracelet and dial.

To each his own.......but, as a rep, this is a stunning comparison to the real deal.

Thanks. I'm wondering if I might've prefered the black dial version, as that's really the only difference I can think of to the AP (well, in general) which I didn't dislike... That said, I think the 'sauage-shaped- hands and markers of the AP are somewhat unique, where the VCO has markers like a Planet Ocean... I'll probably never be able to give a reason why I didn't like the VCO, so probably best to stick with 'to each his own' :)

Thanks. I'm wondering if I might've prefered the black dial version, as that's really the only difference I can think of to the AP (well, in general) which I didn't dislike... That said, I think the 'sauage-shaped- hands and markers of the AP are somewhat unique, where the VCO has markers like a Planet Ocean... I'll probably never be able to give a reason why I didn't like the VCO, so probably best to stick with 'to each his own' :)

pretty much the only "explanation" that makes sense really :D

I'm in the same boat... received an amazing Montblanc TW which is so accurate and good that people have been selling it on the bay as gens and people don't realize they being scammed

but it's gotten 1 day of wrist-time from me -.- lol I think two factors affect it, well.. 3 really

1. the biggest factor: I received a FM Conq 2892 at the same time as the MB TW..

2. I have a HBB and UPO which get most of my wrist time

3. I guess it's just not my "thing".. it's panerai style design just sits huge on the wrist and it just isn't my thing.. lol

we should trade :p my mb tw for your vco

we should trade :p my mb tw for your vco

TOO LATE!!!!!!!!

And yes, there is a perfectly rational even comical explanation of my profuse usage of the exclamation mark -- even though we all know any exclamation mark used in excess of 5 times is a sign of a psychotic episode.

:p

TOO LATE!!!!!!!!

And yes, there is a perfectly rational even comical explanation of my profuse usage of the exclamation mark -- even though we all know any exclamation mark used in excess of 5 times is a sign of a psychotic episode.

:p

you traded for the vc? :p you're a panerai gal, you should appreciate the MB TW more!~ :p

if u ever wanna trade, let me know vic! :lol: