When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fricken rich people...

Guest carlsbadrolex

@Warbody: Good luck! $1000 is not too much, though maybe harder to get in the Dominican. My first car was a Mustang 5.0 as a present for my 18th birthday, for good grades on graduation from HS. I know Mustangs are the better Fords, but let's just say there is a reason that Ford is known as "Found On Road Dead" or "Fix Or Repair Daily"...

Thanks vbarrett apparently you really know about Dominican Republic .. isnt easy to get $1,000 and even worst if your young :p

about a block from where i work there is a small kind of crappy office in a older non-descript cinder block building. that needs paint. with no signage out front.

there are 8 parking places out front and almost every day the cars parked there are:

• silver aston DB9
  • 2006 fly yellow 997 turbo
  • 2007 arctic white 997 turbo
  • black 2006 M5
  • silver 2006 M5
  • red Z06 corvette

i have no idea what they do, but i wish i worked there ;)

Can't be legal :whistling:

I am familiar with "Car Envy". :whistling: A number of years ago I used to have a weekend tennis game with the head of the Vintage Car department at Sothebys. He was 70 years old back then and an incredible tennis player. In any case, becaouse he lived only a couple of miles down the road he would bring out a different car every weekend. In one tennis season he drove over something approximating $10 million worth of cars (and that was twelve years ago). I only know this because I got curious and started writing down whatever the car was he brought over that weekend. He always enjoyed explaining the provenance as older gentlemen do. Of course I couldn't resist and would check the historical auction records for those type of cars. And no, I never got to drive one. :lol:

Hey V-

Glad to hear you are hanging in St. Barts. It is one of my favorite places in the world. I manage to spend 3-4 weeks a year there. Haven't tried the Smart car though. Kids trash that concept. :lol:

Well, I got a cheap Aer Lingus flight to Ireland to help some friends out for a week. It's a 6-day contract or so.

So, I took a jet to work. :D

HA, thats nothing, I got bumped to FIRST class on my flight home cause i had dibs on the girl at the airline counter