When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

received today my Saint Exupery - my opinions

t

Tourby,

you're unfortunately confirming 2 other boards members opinion :(

I would definitely ask for a discount to the dealer who advertizes an AR coating that does not exist...

That's an unfortunate illustration that the prices are artificially hold at a high level for all the new reps. This 7750 based rep should not exceed 250 dollars, as for all others.

Vote with your wallet, maybe the prices will once come to a reasonable level again.

I do not believe in the Superrep chimera.

There are better reps than others, that's all, and it's not "production costs related".

Tourby,

whatever the built quality is, don't you think it's the dealer's reponsibility to check his description ? AR and no AR seems to be a huge difference on that particular dial, and the dealer can't hide behind the manufacturer for that lack. Even if he's a dropshipper, he must have seen it at least once. Especially for the price you paid.

I hope you're able to have it AR coated or exchanged, sincerely. :o

[Edit] As in real life, when there's a problem with a product, I engage the dealer's reponsibility, not the manufacturers one. Otherwise the dealer is useless. Only my humble opinion.

Hell, 400 bucks ! :black_eye:

Tourby,

whatever the built quality is, don't you think it's the dealer's reponsibility to check his description ? AR and no AR seems to be a huge difference on that particular dial, and the dealer can't hide behind the manufacturer for that lack. Even if he's a dropshipper, he must have seen it at least once. Especially for the price you paid.

I hope you're able to have it AR coated or exchanged, sincerely. :o

[Edit] As in real life, when there's a problem with a product, I engage the dealer's reponsibility, not the manufacturers one. Otherwise the dealer is useless. Only my humble opinion.

Hell, 400 bucks ! :black_eye:

that

Mmm.. I still can't get used to the idea that one can accept anything because this stuff is illegal, but you're probably right Tourby, I'm a bit naive.

For the fact that most dealers don't know anything about watches, well, at that time better to change the dealer urgently ! :)

Some turn to experts in explaining you why this or that on your watch is not as advertized or expected ("closer to the gen" or that kind of excuse I read already), so the very same people should behave as experts for such obvious lack on a 400 dollars rep.

Your dealer, as others, lied about AR coating, that's a fact. You don't need to be an expert to see that the time can't be read on the dial. Watchsmith or not, if they are now warned by a dissatisfied customer, they should change the description. One can make a mistake by ignorance, but not willingly. You're right, that indeed reminds most of us of the Swiss ETA thread in B&R reps... and so many others <_< At the end, there are enough dealers around, so even if that's all illegal, customer has the choice NOT to buy from him, or to buy from the "less worse". See, I am more upset than you :lol:

Whatever the business is, if I get scammed or let's say "I'm being told lies" (I don't know where's the limit between both, probably in the amount paid), I'll take care that it only happens once. And warn others so that they draw lessons of my bad experience, exactly as you did : DO NOT BUY THE ST EX. You'll find it for 220 dollars in 3 monthes.

I recently asked about a watch diameter to Silix, and it occured that the advertized diameter was a mistake. He changed the description quickly. I expect the same for missing AR from those 4 or 5 dealers (if you include River that sells it much cheaper) who have the St Ex.

Why can we get damn good reps for 150-200 dollars and not for 400 ? Is it only me ? :blink:

From the pictures I have seen it appears it may have a single sided AR coating, but it is nothing like the HBB, BCE etc... which come with double side. I would talk to the dealer, because if they said it comes with double AR, that is not true!

From the pictures I have seen it appears it may have a single sided AR coating, but it is nothing like the HBB, BCE etc... which come with double side. I would talk to the dealer, because if they said it comes with double AR, that is not true!

yes but single side AR is not good enough for this rep :thumbdown:

this silver sub dials and silver hands are sooooooooo shiny :o

on other watches are maybe single side AR good enough... but here it is not good enough by half :black_eye:

Wow.. as wierd as it may seem, it's refreshing to hear a review that's not blowing sunshine up my nether regions. And to think I dismissed this rep because the accent over the name was missing. Thanks for an honest review.

Guest Sql_pl

That's what I already said.

Those shiny silver subdials just scream - "Hey look at me I am a cheap 21j asian powered crap!"

Even though it really is an asian 7750 :)

No Exupery for me - for sure!

And for $400? Damn.

That's what I already said.

Those shiny silver subdials just scream - "Hey look at me I am a cheap 21j asian powered crap!"

Even though it really is an asian 7750 :)

No Exupery for me - for sure!

And for $400? Damn.

you are right friend

i think this shiny subdials are more problematic as glass... looked a genuine and there sub dials are different... looks more white as silver - and not shiny

Not knowing who the dealer is is problematic. Initially when the 3717 came available it was offered by EL. The price intially for the model in the first run of 100 was high, but the quality was high as well. After the cartel began to offer the 3717, the price went down to that of most 7750's on the board...but..the quality went down as well.

The first time the 'Saint' was offered as far as I know it was thru EL. If he was your dealer and the watch was a 400.00 product, and it looks like [censored], I'd have to agree that there is a HUGE problem. If on the other hand it was sourced from another collector, and it is crap...what's next?